“Friendliest place in town!”

Paddy Reilly's Irish Pub
Ranked #867 of 2,088 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Was in Zurich for leisure and business.... After two days of experiencing the frostiness of the people of Zurich, we happened to pass by Paddys. We sat at the bar and had a great time!! The bartenders were all helpful, chatty and just plain fun! We did not eat.... Just drinks. Will definitely suggest this place to friends and clients!

3  Thank DebSTravelAgent

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I come semi-regularly to this place, but mainly on days when you can sit outside, and not for heavy drinking. I would avoid this place like the plague during St Paddy's and any football game - it attracts the worst kind of idiotic loudmouthed drunks from across the Channel (read: bankers who think they're hooligans after a pint). According to me, this is a standard Irish pub no different from its cousins all over Switzerland and the rest of Europe. The service was fine, the burgers are really excellent and generous (can't say the same about the french fries though - surely they're not that expensive? For a 25-franc burger I want a MOUNTAIN of fries with that!!), and their drams of Scotch are generously served, unlike... everywhere else. Overall, I'd say this is a good place to drink (though by personal preference I no longer favour English/Irish pubs as much as I did), and a good place to eat. They even have a separate smoking lounge, which, even better, is not in the dingiest darkest corner of the pub but right by the windows. A nice touch.

1  Thank Zerosixzero
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I moved into the Zurich area about 4 years ago and cast about for a new local. I have been more or less a regular at Paddy Reilly's for the last 2 years and and am generally quite happy with it.
Like any establishment it has it's ups and downs but overall the staff is friendly and fairly competent. The atmosphere varies wildly from the restaurant like during meal times to clubby on weekend nights, so I tend to stick to weekdays. Prices are steep but no more so than the rest of Zurich and the portions more than make up for the price of a pint.

1  Thank Yorkus1976
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Seems that if you are a regular, you are treated well. Any occasional users are treated with contempt. Was much better when it was The Nobel Dubliner....

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I wish I could rate this place less than terrible. I have never in my whole life experienced service so rude and unprofessional. When we complained, the waitress sent her manager over who then made the whole situation even worse due to her completely unprofessional way of handling it. Will never ever go here again and urge you all to avoid it too.

2  Thank tgww11