“Go for a drink, avoid eating”

Paddy Reilly's Irish Pub
Ranked #890 of 1,988 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This pub is nice to have some drinks. Good atmosphere of an irish pub. But we tried the burgers once. It was really lower than average. Fries average, but the meat of the burger was of low quality. I could not finish it... I hate when there are these little hard cartilage peaces in my meat...

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place is fine for a drink, to watch a game or to have a (massive) meal. However the staff could use some friendliness training! Granted this is Switzerland which is not exactly known for its service warmth but if you have a pub that attracts expats you need to give them a reasonably friendly experience, as that is what many expats expect.

1  Thank David E
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I visited this pub to watch a football game. The waitress made an error on our bill and was charging us for to many drinks which we did not order. When we politely challenged the bill the waitress was very rude ,defensive and unhelpful. The pub was very busy which I know can lead to errors and I also appreciate that the staff must deal with a lot of hassle from very drunk people…but we were not remotely drunk or aggressive so I don’t feel the waitresses reaction was warranted. We eventually paid more than we felt we should to avoid the waitress being charged for the drinks herself, which was pretty decent of us. Once paid she stormed off without a thank you or acknowledgment, when my friend politely challenged her rudeness she said she did not see why she should say thank you. It’s ironic as the staff were T-shirts saying Friendly staff. Disappointing treatment which put a dampener on a nice evening out with friends.

1  Thank Deirdre D
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We called in here as we were passing through on our way to another bar. It was 8pm fri night and the place was packed we wanted something to eat as well and we managed to find a table that we had to share with another couple in the front part nearest to the street. This made it a little uncomfortable, it was extremely warm in here and the atmosphere was very loud.. It seemed very much like the place people came for drinks after work and stayed there till it was time to go home. However we gave it another chance on the saturday and it was a totally different place, lots of tables available, much quieter which led me to say the above.
Anyway good value in an expensive city. Give it a go.!!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have visited Paddy's twice with a group of friends in the evening and we had a great time. We had drinks and some light appetizers. The drinks were very reasonably priced and the staff was attentive and kept checking in with us during the course of the evening. Very centrally located within 10 minutes walk of the HB and Tram options also available. A seperate enclosed smoking area. Several tv screens to catch sports. I'm sure we will be visiting again and again.