“Great drinks, great service”
Review of The Lion Pub

The Lion Pub
Ranked #397 of 1,929 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Typical english pub in the heart of Zurich. Best spot for sport entertainment of all types.
Iowa
“Great drinks, great service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We were advised to come to to this pub for a nice after-dinner drink by our server at a nearby restaurant. We weren't disappointed. Great high-end pub with good drinks and great prices. Our server was helpful with advice about the area and we had a nice relaxing time. Good choice of bar to chill and catch a game and a Guinness.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Still going strong...thanks to Désirée”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

It's one of my favorite bars to go to in Zürich when I want a decent pint of Guinness served by a lovely person, Désirée.

It's a pub in essence, only a bit more posh, but the prices are not any higher than other pubs in this land. The service, if Désirée is there, is excellent and she welcomes me back like a family member.

They have decent pub grub as well. I normally go for the cheeseburger which is really very good. However, this time round, my appetite called for the Ultimate Burger. It's a MASSIVE 1lb Swiss beef patty enclosed in a massive bun with melted cheddar and fried onions, served with farmer country fries and coleslaw. At 40 francs it might not be cheap but it can easily feed 2. Being the beast that I am, I attempted to eat it on my own. Half way through I gave up on the bun and attacked the patty, slaw and fries. Loved it!

Désirée is a wonderful girl with a great personality always aiming to please. Be served by her and you'll have a great time.

Go for the Ultimate Burger, I dare you...

• Visited November 2013
San Diego
“Great spot for a drink and snack”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ventured into this place while visiting Zurich. It was cold outside and needed to warm up
a bit with some food and drink. This place is quite fun, nice atmosphere and decent prices.
Service was good, so was the burger and beer!

• Visited October 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Place for a Pint and a Burger”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I visited The Lion with one of my friends to kick back and have a pint. After observing one of the burgers being served temptation settled in and we couldn't resist ordering one. Overall, the burger was pretty good, accommodated by the usual Zurich prices. The beer was great and adequately priced. Overall, a good place to kick back and watch the game, or just to catch up with friends. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Finally I found a place where a single businessman can drink”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had been in Zurich for 2 weeks without my wife and kid. It is a struggle in any city to find a comfortable place to eat a decent meal by yourself, but Zurich seems extra hard. There are possibly hundreds of cafe/bars spilling out onto the sidewalk, but a single guy there is a bit awkward and just looks kind of creepy. You could try to find a singles bar but if you are married, that is no good either. Fast food or the COOP gets tiresome pretty quick. The Lion is a good place where 1 person can feel not so bad.

Had a couple beers and a summer special "fitness plate". The plate was good. The spicy butter that came (optional?) with it was really good. My server didn't offer this but Desiree stepped in and offered it to me. Only problem was the beef was served cold (intentional I am pretty sure) and the spicy butter was nearly frozen. So it was difficult to use the butter. But it was good anyhow. Wish I had found this place much earlier in my solitary-singleton trip. Not terribly difficult to find for a foreigner. Very quiet on a Thursday night. Mixed drinks are pretty pricey, beers are pricey too but not completely unreasonable.

• Visited June 2013