“Well Worth the Visit”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Good decor and atmosphere. Plus good food and service. Nice seating set up. Enjoyed my lunch. I would eat there again.

There are newer reviews for James Joyce Pub

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The James Joyce is always a good choice!
It is normally very busy for lunch time, so make sure you make a reservation.
Their beef tartare is probably one of the best and their burger definitely the best in town!
In addition to beer they have a good selection of wine.
This pub is recommended for business aperos - their finger food is very tasty.
I keep coming back to that place.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Excellent place, for once the hausgemachte adj is not used in vain for the hamburger. Well priced and very central.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have been there for lunch a week ago. The atmosphere was really nice and our meals were delicious. It is easy to find it and the location is ideal if you are looking for a restaurant in the city center. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I arrived before the lunch crowd and was seated at the bar. A very open restaurant with high bar tables at the entry, comfy bar stools at the marble counter and large green padded seats in the main seating area of the restaurant. The restaurant has windows all around allowing a very nice and well lit interior. The dark wood interior and wall paintings and furnishings were delivered from Dublin and are very stunning. A large coat check area, clean bathroom and a overall polished environment.

I ordered a large beer (CHF 9) and my waitress returned again to take my order as I had settled on the burger (CHF 24.50) and she asked so quickly and walked away that I then realized I had ordered the complete burger with all the fixins' which added another CHF 5 to the cost of my burger.

The burger came open and the top bun had pickle, tomato, lettuce and a huge, huge mound of rispy fried onions. The bottom half of the burger and bun came with cheese, egg (sunny side up). The burger was very good, but I certainly would have done without the egg and crispy fried onions. (I did notice with the customer sitting next to me, the waitress asked him if he wanted all the extras on the burger and she mentioned each extra item). The french fries were good and came with a small container of ketchup. Reservations a must for lunch!

I would certainly return again for a meal or just drinks.