“Great food, good service!”

Rolli's Steakhouse Oerlikon
Ranked #10 of 1,955 Restaurants in Zurich
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oerlikon
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great food, good service!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Went there with my friend and we didn't have a reservation. The restaurant is pretty full, but the service staff is very nice - she was kindly find our seats - it turns out that the restaurant was fully booked inside, but we could have a seat outside. It was a raining day and outside was cold, but the restaurant provided a blanket for us, which i was surprised, I must say that even though they pretty busy but they do care a lot for their customers. They could speak fluently English and also provide English menu so if you cannot understand German it would not be a problem. The menu is pretty variety, there are a lot of choice - different kind of meat, beef, pork, lamp, horse, ostrich, chicken - which also stated where the meats are from, USA, New Zealand, Switzerland etc. and as well as the gram (200, 300, 350 g) I think it's really good, so that the customer could have a clear picture about the dishes. I ordered Pork steak and my friend ordered beef entrecote, we actually ask the service lady to have beef entrecote as medium rare and she answered 'no, you don't have to tell me, you are the one who cook it' and we were like 'What??'

After some minutes later, the food comes with the hot stone plate (now we understand - we are the one who cooks it!) the meat actually somehow cooked already to some extent and was plated on the hot stone so that we could cook as what we like. The service lady showed us how to cook the meat as well :) The dish came with 3 different sauces and French Fries and it was super delicious! I love all the sources - don't know what is the ingredient though - it was super good. I love French Fries a lot and if you don't want French Fries - you can change the side dish to Fried rice or salad if I'm not mistaken.

I would recommend to come try the food here :) It is super easy to reach the restaurant - Tram 10 stop at Sternen Oerlikon - stop just right in front of the restaurant. To some meats, the price was a bit high - but I do understand that it is imported, so I don't think it will be a big problem. If you are living in Switzerland and have a Post Finance card - unfortunately the restaurant won't accept it. They do accept the international credit card - MasterCard, Visa etc. so it's not a problem for a travellers :)

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Rolli's is an unassuming steakhouse with great food. Your meal is served on a hot plate that you use to complete the grilling. This is the best way to eat steak. You can individually cook each bite to perfection. There is never a chance that you will need to send a steak back to the kitchen because you are the one cooking! I ordered the pork steak and it was very tasty. There is also a good selection of beer and wine. Dinning inside and out. We arrived on a Monday evening and had no problem securing a table. The only issue is that Rolli's has not had Ostrich on the menu in over a year. I wanted to try it and now will have to go back.

Los Angeles, California
“best steaks in town. bar none!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Been to Rolli's many times and have never been disappointed. The food is consistently great quality, the waiting staff friendly, although busy. Here's a great example of how it should be done - always. So many restaurants don't get it - this one does. I love this place and will be back again and again. Guaranteed.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great for Meat”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Went there yesterday with 3 mates - have some beer and large steaks in mind .
We did not reserve our table, just show up in the middle of the dinnertime (8:30pm)
We got welcomed and could choose between a outdoor or indoor table. Car park where plenty around on the road or indoor.

As we all not the 1. time in Roli's, the ordering was quickly done and I tried to keep the Menu but the waitress did look strange on that and after a while he pull the menu out of my hand - scarred I could find something bad in there?

We had our dinner around 25 Minutes after order - which is ok as the restaurant was good filled,

Anyway, the food (400gr Steak) was awesome, served on a hot plate which you can ask to get replaced with a hot one, once yours getting cold. It's up to you, grill the meet in the right way so simply wait if you like your meet "well done".

Verdict:

+Food
+Atmosphere

-Price
-Service (not much to complain, just the Menu should be public ... )

• Visited July 2012
Munich, Germany
“top”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

super steaks ... super saucen ... super service .... Steaks in jeder grösse, perfekt gegrillt was will man mehr