“Flawless”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Winter Park, FL
“Flawless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I liked everything - location, cleanliness, service, breakfast, the pillows and the bath. I stayed Sept 2010

Visited December 2011
2 Thank R W

Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Might be in Michelin guide but doesn't make a difference!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

The food was OK. But not as good as I expected.
The restaurant is in Michelin guide but next our flat so we paid a visit. Out of the blue. I had a very sport outfit. The waitress was serving with half smiling face at the beginning. The rest of the dinner she was almost ignoring us and at the end she gave me a manner lesson, saying that I need to put the fork and the knife in certain position to alert her that I was done. I was not done with the food but I'm definitely done with the restaurant!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank TreeandDonkey
“This time they did everything wrong”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

It was not the first time we visited the Krone. We have eaten at the Pearl Restaurant before - and it was very good with just a few hick-ups. We have also bern at the Bistro Couronne before - and we were happy with the overall performance. This time, though, was a disaster:
The waiter must have had a horrible night before, he seemed to have a terrible hang-over. How else could we explain that after having us seated we had to wait quite a while for him to get back and take the order? From the promoted wine - a very nice rosé, actually - they only had two bottles chilled - when we decided to have a bottle after the first trial glass, they had to speed-chill it for us. Before we were able to order out food, though, we had to wait 20 minutes at the terrasse without anybody showing up. Only when we moved inside did they remember us. The starters were very good - asparagus and avocado salad. The main dishes were below average: The famous burger dis not taste like beef at all - just like katchup. It was drowned in katchup. The veal cordon bleu had just one taste either: Pork ham. And wh do they serve the fries in a bowl where you cannot eat them without spilling them all to the table? The waiter forgot to serve the second bottle of mineral water, when we asked for the bill he hadn't forgotten to put it on the bill. And funny enough he also put down two glasses of the rosé wine and a whole bottle - which came, as mentionned earlier, at a very good speciel price - as 9 glasses, which added 20 CHF to the bill. Luckily we checked.
This was too bad an experience as to try this place again soon.

2 Thank Staunender