“Needs a make-over”

Ranked #12 of 286 Restaurants in Winterthur
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: tibits bietet ein reichhaltiges Buffet mit uber 40 leckeren und saisonal wechselnden vegetarischen und veganen Salaten, heissen Gerichten, Suppen, Sandwiches und Desserts an. Frisch und hausgemacht - fur alle, die gerne geniessen.--------tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty and seasonally changing vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I think I've been spoiled by Tibits in Zurich. We go there more often than to any other restaurant. The quality of the ingredients, the friendly service, good wine and pleasant surroundings - and above all the consistency: it is never less than very good.
I was in Tibits Winterthur about 12 years ago, outdoors in summer and my memory of it was good, but not excellent. But times change and Tibits Winterthur has not changed. The interior is gloomy, the front room has a concrete floor that is now cracked, the back room is so low-ceilinged that all the (deliberate) exposure of tubes and wiring is almost threatening. Some of the furniture is rather the worse for wear - as if the Zurich branch had sent its hand-me downs to Winterthur.
My partner had the cold buffet and was very happy with it, which means that the basic ingredients are good. I had the hot buffet and it was really disappointing: something was clearly amiss in the kitchen. I hope this was a once-off.
Service was courteous and friendly.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Numerous visits with friends and family. Tasty and good price. The dessert selection is usually special and my favorite part of the experience.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful Stuff, good solid Vegetarian food. Quiet loud atmosphere, at lunchtime often to busy. One of the best coffee in town.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed September 18, 2018

All the family likes going to this self service vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Winterthur.The buffet is fresh, is constantly being replenished, and every time we go they seem to have added new dishes. I'm no vegetarian but I love this place. Try the local bio beer as well, it's fantastic.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

After experiencing this chains other Zürich restaurant we liked it so much we went again the next night .
Not cheap in English standards but average by Swiss. I'm not a veggie but this place could convert me .
Fresh and very tasty .
Only not giving it give stars down to the price.
Would love to see this chain develop in the UK .

Date of visit: November 2017
Tibits T, tibits team at tibits, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear <TJO1966>

Thank you so much for this feedback as well. How nice that you liked your meal so much you recognized tibits and went another time!

Until the next time!