“Excellent Hotel”

City-Hotel Ochsen Zug
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Zug
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It was the first hotel I stayed in at Switzerland. Very beautiful exterior as well as interior. The rooms were beautiful and had a very country side feel to it. Excellent service. They helped me a lot with my sprained foot. The food was excellent. Very close to Zug train station and a very good hotel across the street. My most favorite hotel till now. Strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Hegglin, Inhaber at City-Hotel Ochsen Zug, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Ochsen and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again sometimes in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Dear Sirs:

I enjoyed my stay at your hotel very much, from the housekeeping personnell, to restaurant and reception staff. The people were wonderfully friendly and excellence in service oriented.

I particularly want to saz that I was very pleased with an employee named Elizableth with whom I spoke Spanish. You are luckz to have her.

I will come back with my family.
Mr. Martin Rodriguez Gonzalez

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Hegglin, Manager at City-Hotel Ochsen Zug, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Martin

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having you with us as well! And we are already looking very much forward to welcoming you (with your family) soon again.

Take care

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had a very nice stay in hotel Ochsen, nice and clean room and only 1minute walk to the nice main square in Zug (at the lake). Good breakfast with a big choice and fresh products.
I had a single room,only the pillow was quite poor.

They have wifi,I was on the 4th floor, here the connection is not very good. Sometimes no connection at all

Dear Simone

Thank you for your review! Highly appreciated!

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay at the City-Hotel Ochsen. Just as information: fortunately we were able to solve the problem with the WiFi on the 4th floor. It's working again properly everywhere in the hotel now. And please let us know the issue with the pillow when you're staying with us next time: we have a choice of different pillows so that you can choose the most convenient for you.

Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon...

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my first visit to the Hotel Ochsen and I had booked the room as part of a business trip. i stayed two nights. In summary: Friendly staff, clean modern and comfortable room. Great view. Convenient location in the heart of medieval Zug. Close to the lake for a swim after work-a recommendation from the staff at reception
The hotel gave me a complimentary bottle of schnapps to apologise for some essential roadworks that were being conducted outside which were noisy and disruptive. Very thoughtful and considerate.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is only about 150 meters to the zug lake,and about 1.2km to zug station, i 'm very enjoy the way to zug train station. And the 600 years building was newly decorated with pure wooden furniture, It's very comfortable and with culture trait. Additionally I very enjoyed with the croissant and the coffee.

这个酒店距楚格湖不到150米,距火车站1.2公里,非常方便,去往火车站的路上可以欣赏湖边美景。这个酒店建筑有600年的历史,新近装修,纯木制家具门窗,连油漆都没有用,还保留了一些几百年的老物件,非常不错。另外我喜欢他们的早餐特别是牛角面包和咖啡。推荐!!!

Room Tip: Room size may be different,please check with the receptionis.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Things that are important to me within a hotel: bathroom layout and design, lighting throughout the room, linens, cleanliness, internet, television, room decor, heat/air conditioning, and closet/storage. All were EXCELLENT at this hotel. The rooms were well appointed, sleek/clean in design, and comfortable. The air conditioning is forced air (not in-wall/window units) and reasonably quiet. I was able to walk with my rolling luggage to and from the Zug bahnhof in only 15 minutes....an easy, flat walk (great window shopping along the way). The hotel is a 2 minute walk to a large, public square that overlooks the lake. Wonderful restaurants within walking distance. Local grocery/markets within 2 minutes. Bus service is completely accessible from the hotel. I stayed 4 nights. I give the City Hotel Ochsen a top rating because it has earned it.

Room Tip: I was in a room overlooking a school yard/2nd floor. The church bells could be heard and the childr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nice hotel located in the heart of Zug. We were a short walk from the lake, shopping and several restaurants. The staff was very helpful and rooms were simple and clean. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zug
Hotel Lowen am See Zug
#4 of 8 in Zug
Swisshotel Zug
Swisshotel Zug
#7 of 8 in Zug

Been to City-Hotel Ochsen Zug? Share your experiences!