“Expensive, bland food and terrible service”

Spago Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #105 of 128 Restaurants in Zug
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Dining in Switzerland is expensive. That being said, Spago takes this to the next level with no value for money and terrible service. I have had lunch during work hours there once (ordered "quesadillas", which was around CHF 25 and included 3 tiny thin pieces of what I thought I had ordered with virtually nothing inside. Service was slow and rude). Second time was after work for a beer and a small snack. We ordered the chicken tenders for 18CHF to split. We got 4 small pieces of breaded chicken and some tortilla chips. Seriously?
The last (and this was the last time I will ever set my foot in that place), we went with a group go people for dinner. I had the nachos, which were OK but pricey for what they were (don't forget to ask for guacamole and sour cream as these were not included). My husband and most of the other people ordered the chicken fajitas. They came on a cast iron pan, but here's the kicker- the content was completely cold. Probably they meant to put them into the microwave prior to serving but forgot. We waited another 10 minutes after asking about the actual wraps for the fajitas. When my husband tried to ask about the cold food, he was basically ignored. Finally when he was able to flag down a waiter, he was offered a Dessert or a drink for free so he ordered a beer on the house. Of course when the bill came, we were still charged for this "complementary" drink. We live in zug and I work in Zug, and find it a shame that such an awful establishment takes up space in town. Spend your money elsewhere.

2  Thank windvalley

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten in this restaurant several times during the last three years. Food's quality is decreasing exponentially but even worse is the attitude of some of the waiters. My last hamburguer was depresing and expensive. I won't repeat!!

1  Thank Marca1900
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Simple but nice food. The staff is always welcoming and helpful. The coffee is not bad. It's hard to find good coffee in Switzerland.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Surprisingly nice restaurant that I visited with a large group, casual relaxed atmosphere, suitable for group lunches or family outings and not too expensive.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We arrived on Monday evening/night, exactly at 22:32, knowing that the Restaurant will close at 23:00; "unfortunately" the last round was already spoken so we got - nothing. In order not to disturb people cleaning the bar, we left - sad especially when you know that "Monday evenings are very dull". So rather cleaning the bar then earning some money! Cool behaviour

1  Thank Rmeier