“Great food but..”

Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had dinner while staying at Lowen hotel. Food was 5 star, service was really not good. We waited very long for our food, had to try to catch someone's attention for water on the table, waited long for our coffee. Don't eat here if in a hurry. Beautiful views and great atmosphere.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Looking for a relaxing place to take a coffee on a sunny afternoon or an apero just before lunchtime ?
This is definitively the right place with a wonderful view on the Zuger lake.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

After having eaten on their terrace near the Lake last summer we decided to give it a try inside, after reading some great comments here and seeing the nice ambiance a few times when we walked by. But well, it was quite a disappointment. I was sitting facing the big open door to the kitchen, something that puts me off big time and shows the people in charge of the restaurant never look at it with critic eyes. Too bad because this is a place that has potential, just it is not used to the full! The waitress was badly dressed and uninterested, not welcoming at all (the lady of the wine was a bit better but also very cold!). The food.... mine wasn't very good! An uninteresting soup (nice bit of toasted bread though), salty risotto with uncooked seafood and a terrible dessert of slices of apple baked in bad oil with a very thick coating of sugar and cinamon. floating in a lot of custard. My husband was happy with his salad as a starter but the veal with rosti was very salty too! I ended up filling in their form that I would maybe advise this restaurant to a friend but know what? I will go on looking in from the outside as it looks really warm and welcoming but I won't go in again! The façade also looks great around Christmas with lots of light cascading down from the balconies! Maybe they just need a more hands on, motivated manager who can motivate their staff? I don't know! Awsome wine list though, maybe worth going there just for a glass of wine and a chat!

2  Thank FranciscaR
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I went to Domus on the advice of a colleague, and he was right. It is very good, with very friendly and professional staff. The room is cosy enough to make you feel really comfortable and enjoy the good quality food. I had a delicious duck breast with risotto. Although the risotto could/should be better, the duck was really very good.
In summer it must be great to eat in the terrace outside, just over Lake Zug. I will definitely go back!

1  Thank pjm_pt
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I ate at this restaurant many times, the food is always very nice and tasty! the restaurant has an excellent location next to the lake! Staff is always very helpful!