2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams$146
Priceline$146
Agoda.com$146
Tripadvisor$146
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews train station the ground floor small balcony chateau chillon lake view castle
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

The Splendid has a perfect location, near the RR Station and on the Lake. The staff is friendly, the rooms are large but tired and the breakfast was disappointing. The breakfast basically consisted of large, hard, tasteless rolls.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandstoneSprings
Reviewed December 16, 2017

Great stay at the Hotel Splendid. Our room was small, but clean and comfortable. As well as a double bed, it had a single bed which we put our luggage on.

Very friendly staff, especially the manager, who was only too willing to spend the time to help with our travel plans. Each morning breakfast was served in a room on the first floor overlooking the lake. Not an amazing breakfast, but certainly enough on offer to get going for the day.

Great location, not far from the railway station, bus stops right in front and straight across from the lake steamer wharf.

We only stayed here two nights, not nearly enough. Wish it had been longer.

If arriving by train, as you exit the railway station turn left. About 100m along the Avenue des Alpes, there is a flight of stairs next door to the Irish Pub. Not a problem with baggage, just take the elevator on the RHS of the stairs down to the street level of Grand' Rue. Exit the elevator, turn left again and the hotel is only another 50m. Look out for the sign, because the hotel entrance is between the sidewalk restaurant tables.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Quest803662
Reviewed December 15, 2017

I stayed in Hotel Splendid for one night. I was given a room with a beautiful view of the lake. On booking the hotel I had intended to stay for two nights, but unfortunately my plans were disrupted and I had to arrive a day late. The owner of the hotel was extremely accommodating and refunded me the first night and gave me a lake-view room.
The room was large, clean bed, a very clean bathroom and big windows.
The train station is just around the corner, and you are a stone's throw away from the lake front with plenty of sights to see and restaurants.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Henrietta E
Reviewed December 11, 2017

I went with 2 other friends and we took a room for 3 people. It is spacious and cosy!
What I really like is the kindness of the people working at the reception. They are friendly and ready to help you in everything you need.
The hotel is super central, so really practical if you need to reach easily the Marche de Noel or the Jazz festival (you just need to cross the street).
The bus that brings you to the Castle stops just in front of the hotel, so it is really functional also from this point of view.
If needed I would definitely come back!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 266sarad
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Good Hotel but dated
Mold in the bathroom
Great location in walking distance of the town
Could stand to have a couch or a couple of comfortable chairs rather then 2 plastic ones.
Great staff. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

Room tip: All rooms face the lake. Not sure if there are options.
Date of stay: October 2017