Hotel Splendid
Hotel Helvetie(Montreux)
  • Pool
Bon-Port Hotel(Montreux)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationthis family run hotellake genevamayfair barcroissantsboat stopperfect locationamazing views of the lakestreet noisetea coffeeroom was largechristmas marketone night staygolden passold buildinga lake view roommontreux jazz festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We found this place to be our favorite Swiss hotel during our 1 month tour in Europe. We arrived to a very friendly and accommodating owner that soon made us feel like we were at home and not on vacation. " Yvan" owner even helped to take our bags up to our room. What a guy. He is so awesome and loves Jazz . He even gave us a private tour of Montreux. The passion that Yvan has for his town and hotel is crystal clear once you meet him. This place is right on lake Geneva and very close to everything you need. It is older style but with lots of charm and a cafe downstairs that is very hip. Hope to see Yvan and the wonderful city of Montreux very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Ron A
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place without airconditioning is so horribly hot in the summer months. Also my first day taking a shower was a disaster. The water didnt drain out of the shower and I found tons of hair stuck in the drain that was the problem, It really grossed me out.

The owner really wanted to please me and I know he tried because he wanted me to give this place a good review. He told me that! But I cant honestly give this place a good review. The only thing that was good about it really is the location.It is very central to the town and to all transportation. that is a plus,but honeslty I was thinking of checking out early and finding another hotel because I was very uncomfortable here in July. If the weather is hot at all find another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice hotel in center of Montreux with a very good price. The hotel has an old-style retro image at the reception which is very nice.

Our Room was fine but it had no A/C and in the middle of August it was very hot. The Windows were not isolating from the main street so during the night we had some noise especially in the morning, this could be avoided with "new generation" windows.

Breakfast is included and fine also if I don't like the fridge with food where everyone should take what he likes. I prefer the traditional buffet with the food on tables

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank star-guax
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great location, close to train station, beautiful view of the lake and across the street from the ferry stop. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful with everything from restaurants to shopping to sightseeing. Our room was well appointed and very clean. Fun town and great place to stay for visiting the whole area.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Garry J
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent four nights at the hotel :mother-daughter event. Very warm welcome from the owners and continued bonhomie throughout our stay. Every request of ours was dealt with promptly and with good humor. This is a three star hotel so don't expect five star comfort. The building is old but take the time to photograph it from outside -really lovely. Inside, the rooms were clean and spacious, bed comfortable, view over the lake superb, breakfast better than expected. The situation of the hotel leaves nothing to be desired - a few minutes walk from the train station, public transport right outside the door and boat terminal opposite the hotel, restaurants and shops easily accessible.Would highly recommend the hotel for people who appreciate personal and homely service.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a lakeside view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family