“HappyHappy”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Montreux
New York City, New York
“HappyHappy”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in a old fashioned lake view double room. I love the simplistic down to earth but very tasteful interior. I am very familiar with the area and I have stayed in many different hotels in Montreux so far. I stayed at the Splendid for the first time now after a friends suggestion. It has become my number one choice, thats for sure. Perfect location (I really mean it PERFECT PERFECT), amazing Lake Geneva views, oversized guest rooms, friendly staff and a feeling of being at someones home rather than a hotel. Prices are absolutely reasonable. Long story short, there is a five star hotel a couple of blocks away ( I don't want to mention the name) where you pay around triple the amount of money. DON'T waste it. I couldn't be happier with my overall experience and I will definitely return. HappyHappy

Room Tip: High Floor Lake View Old Fashion!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Krispin W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel Spendid has a good location near the Montreux train station. Room size is spacious for 2 pax & has good view of the lake. Breakfast is relatively fine & facilities is adequate for bathroom. The reception speaks good english & was helpful in explaining details of the place of interests. We will choose hotel splendid again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CYC1977
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I think Montreux is the most beautiful place I've ever been in my life, and the Hotel Splendid (lives up to its name) was a fantastic place to stay there. It's an old building with lots of original features but also all modern conveniences.

Definitely get a room with a lake view (although of course you can see the view as soon as you go outside), it really is stunning and great to be able to watch the sunset over the lake.

Room was large and tastefully decorated with a balcony. The bathroom of my room (wasn't the case for my friends) was actually inside the bedroom, shielded only by a low wall, which didn't matter as I had the room to myself but wouldn't be great if sharing - it does mean you can look at the lake while on the loo though!

Breakfast was plentiful though a little plain.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Our only complaint - apparently the cards for electricity in the rooms could have also been used as local travelcards and we were not told this.

All in all, great, I will definitely go back to Montreux and stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the lake view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank hawaiian_owl

As said in the title...
Splendid location: on the Grande Rue, close to train station and opposite the pier. What more can u ask for!!!
Splendid view: the view was amazing... Ashame that the sky was not open... But waking up with that lake view was just superb.
Splendid room: love the room!!! Very sweet decoration, big lcd, nice bedding and open bathroom that u can take a shower with lake view through the window!!!
Splendid service: yvan.. The 3rd (i think) generation owner is very nice and very helpful with the tips on exploring montreux.
I was travelling alone and found the place really splendid like the hotel's name. Have recommended to all my friends and definitely going back!!!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Oramone
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel has been family owned and operated for 4 generations. It is modern, very well located and we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay. One of the sons of the family, Yvan, looked after us very well and one of my favourite experiences at the hotel was sitting down and chatting about the history of Montreux and the hotel. Absolutely lovely. They also had excellent suggestions as to what to do with our time. When we return to Montreux, we will surely know where to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank millie2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our first impression of this hotel was how friendly and helpful the staff were. It was our first trip to Montreux so we weren't familiar with the town or surrounding area but the Manager Yvan answered all our questions and made sure we knew all the best places to go.Our room was clean and a good size but the best part were the breathtaking views over the lake- amazing to wake up to each morning. This is a small family-owned hotel, the staff were very attentive and always on hand. If you have any questions just ask for Yvan!

Room Tip: try and get a room looking over the lake!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Russ W
Rockwood, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This unique Splendid Hotel is a true experience of its name!
You are in a treat for one of the best and warmhearted people, and generation of family's passion in service and hospitality to be around and being taking cared of in charming Montreux, Switzerland.
Right in the center of the city, walk across the main street and your at one of the most magical sites on earth, facing Leman Lake.
Very clean and impeccably well maintained, it's Swiss pride!
Historical structure, excellent service and value.
Highly recommended.