Not a great time to judge efficiency with Montreux Jazz going on, but Swiss efficiency, even French Swiss efficiency, works even at 100% capacity and reception was friendly enough. Central location, opposite the train station can't be beaten, but is noisy. Had marathon start under my window Sunday morning, with all the noise one can imagine, but even without that the area is loud. Single rooms are really too small & awkwardly put together. Bathroom tiny. Bed tiny. TV on the side wall, so difficult to watch. The slightly larger double room away from the station side I was moved to was better. Decent bed, no sheets, but cover. Not great. Better bathroom. Internet soso. Superb view from terrace, nice enough breakfast and decent lunch/bar area. Front door locks at night and getting someone to open takes time. Not really expected for a hotel of this level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand