Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic
$225
$169
  • Pool
Golf-Hotel Rene Capt(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$176
$166
Hotwire.com
$328
$317
  • Pool
Eurotel Riviera Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$286
$201
  • Restaurant
Tralala Hotel Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$119
$133
Travelocity
Hotel Victoria(Montreux)
$268
Hotel & Spa Bristol(Territet)(Great Value!)
$143
$138
  • Breakfast included
Hotel-Restaurant de la Rouvenaz(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$109
1,195 results
All reviewstrain stationlake viewlake geneval'occitane productsarriving by trainwooden floorsdirectly across the streetdes alpesexcellent locationchristmas marketsmall balconyvery nice hotellakeside rooman amazing viewbreakfast was excellentjazz festivaljunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is nice, is very close to river. Room was clean, staff was not so representative in 4* and what I missed was eye contact and just say hello, good morning or good evening from staff, it would be nice to hear. Breakfast nothing special. SPA is nice as well, you can have a coffee and tee there, but I'm not sure, if is good idea to hearing a RADIO in saunas.

Room Tip: This hotel is average and I'm pretty sure, that you can you choose another hotel in Montreux, which is better than this.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights in mountreux majestic hotel, I took the junior suite with lake view, and that was the best thing I did. The room has a big balcony with a Setting Area where you can enjoy the view and have a breakfast their. The suite was nice exactly like in pictures, the lobby is old and need to be redecorated.

The restaurant in the hotel have a really great view, everyone should enjoy.

The location of the hotel is nice in front of the lake and near a lot of boutique. The only thing I didn't like is there is no entrance by the lake side and it wasn't really clear.

Lastly one thing I didn't like was that the hotel don't have parking, you have to park in a public parking and pay for it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the Suisse Majestic for a mix of Business and also personal stay and have stayed there in previous years prior to their refurbishment.
The minute you enter the hotel, there is amazing waouw factor with the vast lobby and you can clearly see through directly to the main terrace with view on the lake!!

My room was on the 8th floor with view on the lake. The room was lovely and spacious and although I did not have a balcony, being at the top of the hotel was just sufficient! The bathroom was also supplied with bathrobes and slippers, amazing Occitane amenities and very clean throughout.

Having breakfast in the restaurant with view on the lake is just incredible. The service was good and attentive with a variety of choice for a continental breakfast, although it did include bacon and scrambled eggs!!

I also decided to have dinner with a friend and was not disapointed. My friend has the "Parisienne" which is a lovely piece of stake and I had the sole which was beautifully cooked. The sommelier also came to suggest us a wine that would suite both dishes and it complemented it very well. The whole menu was well designed, stating what was gluten free or not (very important for me). My regards to the chef!!

Overall, all the staff were very polited and greeted us wherever we were. The check in as well as the check out went smoothly, all in a very professional and friendly way.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who goes there, feeling special is priceless and that's what the Suisse Majestic does just right!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

First time in Switzerland for a conference. Didn't realize that Montreux was ALL the way in the countryside. While I am a city girl it was the perfect little get away for me after two days of ongoing interviews. The arrival experience was "so-so" but when I arrived to my room was quickly blown away by the view of the Swiss alps and Lake Geneva. After arriving to my room the blah personality at check in was quickly forgotten. A few favorites here …top notch restaurant service, PERFECT location from the train station and of course the view. If you are a business person or one with a hectic lifestyle this place will make you forget about all of that.

Few things I wish were different.… the fitness center, totally understand that this culture differs from the USA when it comes to health and fitness but it would have been nice to have either a view or additional equipment to make up for the small space. Secondly, the staff didn't seem very knowledgable about "things to do" in or outside of the area so we had to figure everything out on our own. When you are on a tight schedule you may not have time to do just figure things out. Another thing which I guess is a EU thing is the beds… i guess they had wheels but no brakes so during ones twisting and turning during the night the bed moves. :-/ quite odd.

All in all a good stay and I would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Parking is at a garage next door to the train station. The lobby staff were hesitant to tell this to us and we had to find it on our own.

Rooms are small, but nicely decorated with contemporary ideas. No air flow whatsoever as HVAC system was offline. Bathroom was nicer than the room itself.

Staff were helpful.

All in all, there are better hotels in Montreux / Vevey / Lavaux, but this one isn't bad.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the water, it's worth the money. Getting a room facing the train station will mean lots of noise. Also, request a room away from the outdoor restaurant / bar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple