Stayed here for 3 nights in June 2013, we got a lake facing room (704) the view is stunning. The room was clean, nice wood floors, but very very small, and the bathroom was tiny, SO tiny!
The hotel could be improved so easily at a small cost - No complimentary water bottles, and no tea and coffee facilities in the room!? Its a 4 star hotel, and the room cost is 300 Swiss francs (325 dollars) a night, also, there was no ironing board or iron! No slippers and only one bathrobe, even though 2 of us were staying.
Breakfast was ok, good location on the terrace, but food was boring, and expensive, 26 francs per person! Better off going downstairs outside to the coffee shop called les cafe linos!
The staff were not too friendly, and when we asked for them to send a postcard for us, it seemed the hardest thing in the world! So I just took it back and said I'd do it myself!
Overall an average hotel and services, but amazing view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Fastbooking and Priceline so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand