I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions in my time as a Continental Coach Tour Driver, the hotel is beautiful outside, as well as inside. On 3 occasions i was lucky enough to be given a lake view-which is totally wonderful, to have the sun beaming into your room as you prepare for the day is up-lifting, to say the least. The food is TOP CLASS!!...i have never ever thought otherwise!! The buffet breakfast display is a feast for the eyes-.....fresh bread....croissant, pan chocolate, fresh fruit salads, fresh cheeses, freshly sliced cold meats...salami etc, freshly squeezed orange juice, apple juice, pineapple juice......the choice is well presented and wonderful. You will not be dissapointed with your evening meal either-count on it!!! As a driver on Coach Tours, i was away most days at lunch time, so the staff insisted that i take some food with me for the day out-so to speak-that included wine and water, i drank the water!!! To be lucky enough to have a balcony several times was a great thing..... i used to sit on the balcony after i had finished driving for the day and before evening dinner, and drink a glass or 2 of the wine i had been given,(kept in the fridge onboard my coach), as i watched the paddle boats bring in and take away visits to the town.....people watching can be fun!! Even though i was lucky enough to stay free of charge in the hotel due to my work-i would have no hesitation at all to pay to stay at this wonderful old hotel......The views across the lake to France were fantastic....and please pay a visit to Chateaux de Chillon...(just down the lake a bit)!!....which is steeped in history and well worth a look-i promise!! The town is wonderful, but the surrounding areas are stupendous-take a look around, but if you go by coach-problem sorted-it is all done for you!!!!.....enjoy your stay at the hotel-i ALWAYS did. The long drive to get there made the arrival even more sweet to the eye...thank you, Hotel Suisse Majestic-i will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand