Just spent 3 nights at the Suisse Majestic, this was my second visit to the hotel. It is a truly elegant hotel which spells taste. Instead of misusing the word luxury by filling in the room with excessive technology and switches, this hotel sticks to the basics of hospitality - elegent interiors, attention to detail, attentive service and good quality amenities. If you are lucky, do ask for the lake facing rooms; The views are great.
Their restaurant called '45' offers some great breakfast and the al-a-carte menu options at '45' are also good, although a little expensive. It is the most centrally located hotel I have ever seen, montreux train station is walking distance, the main city shopping area is at a walking distance and so is the lake side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand