We tried two hotels during our recent stay in Montreux - this one and the Eden Palace. Both have stunning views over the lake, clean and good service. Because were travelling by train, this one was better being literally over the zebra crossing from Montreux station.
But the palace was nicer. Beautiful decor, tastefully appointed.
By comparison, the Majestic felt a bit more B&Q. And the en-suites door opens onto the bed which - hem - means you need to either practice your whitsling skills or time your moment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand