1,270 results
All reviewstrain stationlake viewlake geneval'occitane productsdirectly across the streetwooden floorsdes alpesexcellent locationsmall balconychristmas marketvery nice hotellakeside roombreakfast was excellentdeluxe roomhotel restaurantan amazing viewchillon castle
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights for a business trip and having seen the rates, I'd have been disappointed if I had paid so much for a leisure journey. I thought the hotel was perfectly adequate. It is literally across the street from the station, no more than 30 seconds walk and another sixty seconds on the opposite side to the main part of town so location is about as ideal as ideal gets. The restaurant was nice, the room a little small and bland for a double deluxe, it had a grande feel and service as perfectly fine but for the rates they charge, I'd consider somewhere else if it was my own money I was paying.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was very excited about Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic, because I heard wonderful reviews about the hotel. I booked 1 queen (or 2 twin beds) at the hotel, and I didn't know that my booking was for one occupancy only, which is my fault. Despite what the reservation said about the room size, they put us in a room with one full-size bed, which cannot fit in a family of three. I was charged additional 60 francs for staying at a queen size bed, which was the room I reserved. I think the price was steep!!

The room was small, and the service was less than three star. The staff was friendly, but not helpful. I called in-advance asking for a baby crib, which they said they will take care of it. When we arrived at the hotel, the crib was not in the room. We also asked for toothbrush, which hotels would deliver to the room, but they asked us to get it from the front desk. When we checked out, we were charged for breakfast which we didn't eat. The staff was nice to take it off.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cindelala
Eric M, Directeur général at Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Cindelala,

We hope that you had a safe trip home and that you spent some good time in Switzerland.

We are very sorry that you didn’t experience the usual quality of service that our hotel delivers. If you travel in the region again in the future, we would be more than happy to welcome you and to show you our actual standards.

In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to make you change your mind regarding our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Mr. Eric Meier, Sales & Marketing Coordinator (e.meier@suisse-majestic.ch).

We stay at your disposal for any further information or request and we wish you a very nice end of the year.

With our best regards,

Andrés Oppenheim

Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you like to sleep in a moving bed, this is your hotel.
If you like to sleep in the toilet, because your bed moved, when you turned around at night, this is your hotel.
If you like to stay hungry and thirsty, again, this is your place.
If you like a lady from the bar to hang up the phone, when she previously screamed, that she does not serve tea in the room, then, again this is your hotel.
However, if you get very very very annoyed, and you had called room service, bar, 10 times each, and you decide to complain seriously, then after all the efforts, you will be regarded with cold tea, from the receptionist. (For which I thank the young boy, but one bird does not make a spring.) And in a normal 4 * hotel, this would never happen I believe?
At the end, I need to mention that there are some good things as details in design. Lovely curtains, lamps, and corridors.
Again to mention at the reception there is one very young boy and one girl, with long blond hair, who are very courteous, and try their best. However, then comes some kind of short-hair blond reception female, who destroys all done before with her unique rudeness.
I honestly advise any of you who value service quality, and his/her nerves not to spend their money on this hotel.

Room Tip: request a bed, without wheels. Or choose another hotel. :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GalenaG

Dear Galena G,

We are extremely sorry that you didn’t spend a good time at our hotel. As you have probably noticed through the many good comments that we have received on TripAdvisor, this is not the kind of quality of service that we usually deliver.

If there is anything we can do to make you change your mind regarding our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Mr. Eric Meier, Sales & Marketing Coordinator (e.meier@suisse-majestic.ch).

With our best regards,

Andrés Oppenheim

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Very conveniently located just across the road from the train station yet it boasts breath taking view of the lake. Rooms are very well appointed although a tad small. The restaurant served excellent French cuisine at a reasonable price. My favorite hotel in Switzerland this trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Really enjoyed my one night stay in this hotel, the rooms are beautiful if a little strangely designed - the door opened up onto the bed almost, although there was space to put the bed a bit further over.

The best bit about the room was most definitely the large, beautiful bathroom, really stylish, clean and crisp. The only critical point I could make on the bathroom is the toiletries. Having just stayed in a Sofitel with the same brand range of toiletries, this hotel is a man's hotel - plenty of soap, two shampoos, no conditioner and no body lotion! I had plenty of toiletries so it didn't bother me and I'm pretty sure they would have provided them if asked, so not a real negative.

Lovely clean wooden floor too, no carpet which is great for me.

The reception staff were helpful - I needed an adaptor and also a second internet code so I could use my iphone and ipad., no problem, very helpful.

I had breakfast and this was the only reason for 4 stars not 5. The breakfast was good but lacking in choice. Good for me as I had lots of fresh fruit and birchers cereal, but if you like a full cooked breakfast you may be disappointed. Coffee was bland but if you ask they will make a fresh ground coffee for you.

Overall a very nice hotel, certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business