This is a fairly impersonal hotel but in a lovely position overlooking the lake. It is worth paying the extra for a lake view with small balcony. Our room was not large but had very comfortable beds and a clean and modern bathroom. In the evening we had a small meal in the bar area which is rather too bright and the meal was average, the main restaurant is probably better.
The highlight for me was the fantastic breakfast you must try the muesli, I dream of it now! The hotel is very central and moments from the lake.
While in Montreaux take a train up the mountains in order to appreciate the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand