Unfortunately we only stayed one night at this fine hotel. You walk down the stairs from the train station and virtually into the lobby of the hotel. Yet, with this proximity to the station, I can't recall ever hearing a train!
We had a lakefront room which provided a wonderful view of the lake and the lakefront walk. The room was modern and bright and had a nice-sized bathroom. The beds were a little soft for my preference (a trend I found throughout Switzerland), but my wife loved them.
The lakefront is down a serious set of steps outside the hotel (and therefore a serious climb back up). It looks like the hotel may have had an entrance from the lake level at one point, but no longer, unless we missed it. Strolling along the lake is beautiful and, if gambling is a pastime, the casino is a 10-minutes walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic **** superior was built in 1870 in a "Belle Epoque" style by Eugene Jost and was entirely renovated in 2010. It is located just in front of the railway station in the heart of Montreux. For a good rest and a relaxing moment, for a weekend or for your events, the Grand Hotel Suisse-Majestic is the ideal place. Montreux offers a wide panel of activities like a cruise on Geneva Lake where steam boats offer marvelous trips to admire the region. The Lavaux region has recently been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Fastbooking and Priceline so you can book your Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suisse Majestic Grand Montreux
- Hotel Suisse Majestic Grand