Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Tripadvisor$183
Priceline
eDreams$183
Trip.com
StayForLong
travelup.com
All reviews big swimming pool enormous room the ground floor beautiful view balcony lake wellness
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016

After I had the reservation with long time before my arrival here, I had a unpleasant surprise. I came very late in the first day because it was so my flight, and after a small incident in Geneva with my luggage, I received a ugly and unwanted room on the ground floor. The smell was awful, and the bed very small, while I made reservation for a standard room with a Queen bed. I do not know what kind of policy has this hotel and their management about the guests. I think do not matter from what country you come, while you pay a such high price for a old and rusty hotel, and if you have what I had in first night. I came back to front desk and asked them to give me another room for which I made the reservation. Next day hard I received another room on 2nd floor, and when I went there I was glad because it was a large room with a big and comfortable bed. It was a room very recently renovated for that the smell inside was not good at all. Awful again. I had a room with view lake cause that I wanted from the first time. The bathroom was excellent that made me to feel better. Completely and very good renovated. I did not have where to put my luggage, no one piece of furniture for something like that. I was amazed for a 4 star hotel and with overpriced room. I paid a lot of money for this hotel and was low, very low to my expectations. Dirty balcony with dirty plastic chairs and table. If I knew how can be that hotel I would stay only 2 days instead 4, but I came with a great purpose and, I wanted also to visit Montreux and around. The staff was friendly but that could not change my opinion about what is with hotel. I traveled a lot in the world, but this hotel it is not far away a hotel of 4 stars. I think that when you ask from guests so much money you must have a great responsibility for what you offer in exchange. It will be maybe Switzerland, but that do not means that deserve the price paid by the customers. Also noise from the railway which is very close, that disturb the silence in evening and night because are a lot of trains there. I did not had any breakfast there because I read about it, and was very expensive and extra cost, not included in the price of room, while all over the world the breakfast is included already.
My only great comfort was the bed with very good sheets and pillows and the great view to lake. Other way I do not stay here if I will ever come back in Montreux.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel we was on the top floor with beautiful views we did not eat here as it was very expensive and we never seen people in there , staff very helpful parking not good for a big hotel and the swimming pool was 3 lifts to get too but was nice hotel in a very good spot to all amenities.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2016

The view is truly fantastic and worth the inconveniences. I agree with much of what has been written before, the hotel is a little old fashioned, needs a freshen up and it's difficult to park and far from the centre on foot. The strangest thing is the clinic. One is not sure if one is going to a hotel or a hospital. Walking around the white corridors looking for a way out is surreal..like something out of a science fiction film. We found it expensive (breakfast was 23 euros) but then this is Switzerland. We also were surprised that there were no porters to help with luggage and only one person on the reception upon arrival. But I reiterate, we were prepard to forgive all that beause of the fabulous lake view from the balcony. However, do NOT take a room away from the lake (at the back of the hotel). Noisy trains go past about every 15 minutes. We didn't hear them thank goodness, but pitied those who did!

Room tip: Take a room away from the railway line which is only about 50 metres away
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Stayed one night in a room at the last floor with an amazing view over the lake Geneva
The room was not that particular, old furnitures, old carpet on the floor
We also booked for 3 people (2 adults 1 child) and when we arrived, the extra bed was missing

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2016

We booked a Jr. Suite with Lake view room. There were many positives about the hotel, including the location, staff was very helpful and friendly and the hotel has beautiful views of the lake. Parking worked out well for us as a spot opened up right in front of the hotel and we left our car there during our 2-night stay.
Our room did have a view through the trees to the lake (we were on the 2nd floor) and the room was modern(which we requested). However, the rooms in this wing (807-812) were awkward to get to (single person elevator off the lobby so multiple runs to get luggage to room). Getting to the pool was also very awkward with more elevators and walking down hallways that appeared to be a different building from the hotel. The room itself was very spacious, with two bathrooms and a living area with sectional but the extra bed we requested for our daughter was so flimsy, it was a joke. She used the couch instead. The bathrooms also had issues with the shower as both easily created puddles on the floor if not really careful. The worst part was the stink in the room as I believe others have mentioned in posts. I told one of the staff at the front desk and they told me I could take one of the potpourri bottles - they must be aware of the problem.
For the price I would definitely recommend this hotel, but I would stay clear of that wing of the hotel and get a higher floor room as the view is spectacular.

Room tip: The rooms in the 807-812 wing that appear to be Jr. Suites have a definite smell to them.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family