“Don't eat here!”

Pizzeria Ristorante Molino, Montreux
Ranked #16 of 127 Restaurants in Montreux
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In our exclusive location at the waterfront, come and enjoy the finest cuisine Pizzeria Ristorante Molino has to offer: freshly baked pizzas from the oven, home made pasta and risotto as well as flavoursome fish and meat dishes - these are the culinary highlights that champion Italian cuisine. Take delight in the stunning sea view from our sun terrace and imagine yourself one step closer to Italy. Please note, due to very high occupancy on peak days (especially on WE), bookings might not be applicable.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Restaurant is situated right next to lake, beautiful view but if you are hungry go to another restaurant in Montreux. I was waiting for service around 40 minutes when I got my meal, portion size of pasta carbonara was quite small and they charged me a lot, around 25 CHF. Location is the only reason why it works good.

3  Thank Anna T

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have been to more than a 1000 restaurants all over the world in my all life and I’m confident to rate this disaster restaurant as VERY POOR! you'd be shocked why I rate this restaurant very poor, but here is our experience! My wife and I went there to have lunch, the terrace were completely full, therefore we choose to sit inside and we expected to get a fast service but not at all. We were sitting there for almost 45 minutes waiting for someone to approach us and give us the menu, however this never happened, you could see all waiters were busy serving guests only at the terrace and you could see them passing up and down and no one even looks at us, I went to ask if someone could serve us and they said for sure someone will come to you, after 45 minutes I asked to see the manager of the restaurant, but no manager and no even staff supervisor, an eastern european waiter short guy approached me saying ''CAN’T YOU SEE THE TERRACE IS FULL''the guy was rude , and answered back in a stupid manner, no sense of professionalism at all just nothing! he really made us feel low and cheap of ourselves! we just wanted to get out of there!
So sad in a pretty city like this to have such people with such low standers and with no manner, even we are Swiss citizen, we felt so sad to have this and Frankly, we will never ever go there again, or advice anyone to do so! Especially after this experience. it was a HUGE disappointment.

4  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This place is charging way too much. A pasta plate with seafood (one shrimp ONLY!!!) : 30CHFs!!!, icing on the cake: the tiramisu: 11CHFs... a real joke. The tiramisu was really basic, they actually removed the liquor from the recipe (probably because of the middle eastern crowd!!)
They are also under-staffed!!! don't waste your time! (and your money)

4  Thank 79rpm
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The restaurant has a beautiful location - right on the lake in Montreaux. The menu has a good selection.We had the Pizza which was good though the topping was sparse. Like all things, in Switzerland is pricey. Was a Sunday and the restaurant was quite full but the service was atrocious - took ages and impossible to get the attention of the staff.

2  Thank BeepsZurich