“It's not Las Vegas”

Book In Advance
More Info
$229.95*
and up
Day Trip to Swiss Cities with a Visit to...
Ranked #11 of 40 things to do in Montreux
More attraction details
Owner description: Casino Barriere of Montreux is rolling out the red carpet to welcome you into a world of dreams and pleasures! 10 000 M2 entirely dedicated to your pleasure: 2 restaurants, 375 slot machines and 22 gambling tables. Queen The Studio Experience Permanent exhibition open to the public 7/7 from 10h30 to 22h00. Free entrance
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We went there initially for a drink to check it out. After having to show our passports just to get in, we went to the upper balcony bar, which was virtually empty and wanted to sit by the overlook area to watch the action. The tables had 3 chairs round them, but as there were 4 of us we tried to position an extra chair at the table. an extremely rude waitress told us this was 'impossible' and so we had to move. I could have understood this if it had been crowded (as a former Health and Safety guy, I knew of potential hazards, there were none) After we moved nobody came to serve us so we left in disgust. I have visited Vegas several times, if you have don't bother with this place, it is also very small.

2  Thank Alan T
"song"
"exhibition"
"chf"

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The casino is well situated in Montreux. The staff is very nice (but, as said, aren't they in all casinos ? :)). They should add some more roulette tables because they are often quite busy. The restaurants have a very good value for money, and the view on the terrace is very nice. There's a very nice pool also. Enjoy.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

A great place to try your luck, we werent so lucky the night we went

Reviewed April 12, 2012

You must take dollars and exchange it for swiss francs without any charge. Games are common, pretty small for those used to AC and Vegas...

See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I am a student in Montreux and I have eaten at the Casino restaurant multiple times. This is a nice place to go and have a quick snack/drink or to have a full meal with friends. During the snow seasons the temperature inside is absolutely perfect. On the other hand, during the spring time (March 2012) eating on the outside patio will give you a beautiful view of Lake Geneva.

Although the food can be quite expensive, I do enjoy the food they serve a lot. The beef tartar is very nice and the desserts are a nice treat to have after. I also like to try my luck every now and then, so I don't mind the casino atmosphere.

1  Thank Keane H