Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
Hotels.com
$225
$169
  • Pool
Tralala Hotel Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$119
Golf-Hotel Rene Capt(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$176
$166
  • Breakfast included
Eurotel Riviera Montreux(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$286
Hotel Splendid(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotel Victoria(Montreux)
$268
Hotel & Spa Bristol(Territet)(Great Value!)
$143
$138
  • Breakfast included
Hotel-Restaurant de la Rouvenaz(Montreux)(Great Value!)
$109
1,628 results
All reviewsmontreux palacelake genevawillow spaoutdoor poollake viewjazz cafespa facilitiesbeautiful hotelturn down servicemontreux jazzold worldnespresso machinefive star hotelfrench alpsbeautiful roomtrain stationdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I spent 2 nights during a conference at the hotel. True, I am a big boy and can find my way myself, but then it's still a bit of a surprise when in a "Palace" there is nobody showing you the way and opening the door. It seems that I was not the only one in this case as another guest got lost on the way to his room and had to come back to the reception. The room was nice but not really spectacular - expect for the view on the lake. I missed a dimer or mood light in the bathroom...also, we had to call to have the room made in the morning... and there was no night service either. Also annoying, newspapers like the FT are delivered really late (9 am). Breakfast was nice but not spectacular. At the bar we had to wait not only to get a drink but also to pay. Food at the Brasserie was good from a price/quality perspective, but the waiter managed to confuse chasselat with chardonay, quite a shame considering that chasselat is the wine of the region. At least they had the courtesy not to charge us the wrongly served wine. To be frank, the service personal did not leave a good impression overall, they were far from palace level, sometimes speaking too loud with one another (breakfast) or not taking really care of clients (bar). The Spa zone is nice. While the pool is not really special (cf. my comment on the Dolder in Zürich), I liked the Spa zone and especially the fitness zone. Here also a bit surprise to have no staff around for quite some time. A clear positive were the fair prices for the Spa treatments...i have seen quite abusive prices in other Palaces. All in all a disappointing experience. The Kempinski offers a better price-quality ratio or, if you are not bound to Montreux the Beau-Rivage in Lausanne remains the reference...and a real Palace

1  Thank swissguest
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is my first ever 5 star stay ,and it almost met expectations in all aspects,Very huge breakfast buffet ,huge rooms in europe standard,lake view and flexible and rotatable TV in room.they even arranged a toddler cot for my toddler.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel had everything I wanted and was very comfortable. I had a room at the back on the 5 th floor at the back, with windows on 3 sides, including side views of the lake. It was large comfortable and had opening windows. I slept really well. The hotel is right across from the lake and an easy walk from the railway station. The weAther was great so I got my exercise out by the lake and did not use the indoor pool though it looked very inviting.
But this hotel could be more. It feels empty, I felt like I was often walking empty corridors and through empty spaces. The other issue is the restaurant. The food and service are fine, but the restaurant is set by the road and tucked by the entry driveway. If it were 1 floor up it would have magnificent terraces and views of the lake. These spaces are empty and used only for functions. The bar and lobby are by the restaurant, although there is it much of a lobby to sit in, again it's a big empty space.
So I don't have any complaints, but it just doesn't feel welcoming and comfortable, outside of your room.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been living in Montreux for over 10 years and decided to treat myself to an afternoon at the Montreux Palace Willow Spa for a "relaxing" body massage and reflexology followed by some time in the jacuzzi and sauna.
The Swedish massage was rushed and given in a room with overlooked the grass area in front of the spa - although people outside could not see in - the fact that I could see everything that I was going on outside was somewhat disconcerning and did not evoke any sense of relaxation let alone privacy. It was a beautiful day and there was a woman sunbathing outside the window of the room - she kept moving her chaise longue and in doing so constatntly scraped and banged the window.
Outside the treatment room - kids were running up and down the corridor screaming at the top of their voices. Their parents decided to have a full on, loud conversation right outside the door - Sunday is obviously not a good day to go there if you want some peace and quiet!
The reflexology treatment was awful - not only did the woman giving me the treatment ask me over and over again if everything was alright - but when I asked her if she could use a little bit more pressure she flatly refused telling me that it was not a good idea to do this the first time but she would the next time - there will be no next time !!! - Paying over CHF100 to have what basically amounts to having your feet tickled is not reflexology!!!!
After spedning CHF 328 - I left the place not only dissapointed but quite angry.
I decided to write this review so that others would not have to go through what I did and save their money for something a little bit more satisfying.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Mooshu_13
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for the last three years and have never had a bad experience. The service is superb, the newly renovated rooms are beautiful, quiet, and immaculate, the views spectacular, and the food is great. Everything is at a top level with every detail taken care off. The gym is a great as is the room service (unbelievably punctual) and everything else I have used. Worth every CHF! Treat yourself to this heaven on the lake.