“Amazing scenery”
Review of Rochers-de-Naye

Rochers-de-Naye
Ranked #4 of 38 things to do in Montreux
More attraction details
Owner description: From the Rochers-de-Naye, towering at an altitude of 2,042 meters, you can enjoy an amazing view on the lake and the mountains. Get to this peace of heaven with the cog railway leaving from Montreux. Many activities as well as two restaurants, an hotel and Mongolian yurts will give real pleasure to adults and children all the year long.
Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Amazing scenery”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Taking the train from Montreux and arriving at 2000 metres in less than an hour. The Rochers de Naye is the perfect spot to admire the beautiful area around the Lac Léman. The scenery all season round is beautiful (green nature in summer and lots of snow in winter). You can have lunch or dinner at the Panoramic restaurant which allows you to admire the beautiful view while enjoying delicious food. Or you can simply walk around and take beautiful pictures of the natural environment.
You will be amazed by how magical this place is!

3 Thank FBuemi

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Xmas Trip - Santa's House”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This a very popular trip from Montreux. Taking the train from Montreal station up to Rochester Naye, you have book your tickets in advance by phone.

The trip really worth the hustle. Let me explain, there is very poor information about the details of the trip. So here are the points I discovered myself that might help you.

1. Tickets must to be booked by phone, see the website goldenpass.com
2. The departing line (gleis) is number 8.
3. Before arriving at the top there is a stop about 10 mins, where kids can play in the snow and visit Santa's Village. (We weren't aware of it and felt lost, we had to ask my lousy French what was going on, rediscovery majority of passangers didnt know either!
4. Trains depart every hour, last one to return is at 6 15pm, trip last about 45min one direction, keep those times in mind when planning, my departing train to the hill delayed 15 minutes, so my time up there was shortened.

If you take note of these information you'll be much more prepared forth trip, my kids loved it, got photos with Santa, as well.

Visited December 2012
7 Thank Expomm
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Christmassy activity”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We went here with our nearly 6 month old daughter. We phoned in advance and booked out tickets and went on a Friday afternoon. The train was not full which was good and when we arrived there was no wait to see Father Christmas. The views on the way up were incredible. When we got to the top we slowly walked towards Father Christmas. Our baby was very interested by all the lights through the tunnel on the way in. There were also all the drawings on the tunnel and polar bears which would be of interest to the older children. Father Christmas, as you might expect was able to speak English well as my French is not too good. You can also see the rabbits, cinema and santas bedroom here. We collected a map from the cafe. If you got stamps in each area you got a lovely gift. This wasn't well advertised. We then went out abs had a little play in the snow which was up to our knees. The views were amazing. The staff adds very helpful.

2 Thank angelag1984
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One of the best train journeys in the world!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Words can't even express how stunningly beautiful this train trip is on a clear day. I have done the trip 3 times now and fully intend to do it again!

Visited January 2012
Immingham
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I hate the cold and the snow, but we had the opportunity to visit the Montreux Christmas Market during a business trip, and felt we could not miss the chance to visit Father Christmas in his house at the top of the mountain

The journey took about an hour, but we were treated to breathtaking views at every twist and turn.

At the top, we went to visit Father Christmas. My husband sat next to him and came away with an apple and an orange, and a certificate promising to be a 'good boy'.

We were so lucky to make this trip on a clear blue day, ensuring we had the most amazing views I have ever seen in my life

It was -16 degrees, and I will probably never do this again, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world

Absolutely fantastic!