“Good but not great”
Review of Palace Sushi Zen

Palace Sushi Zen
Reserve with
Palace Sushi Zen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 730 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Irashsaïmasé...We are pleased to welcome you at palace sushi-zen, whose philosophy is to reinvent traditional japanese cuisine. The constant quest of an itamaesan is to modernise his way of cooking by intimately combining aesthetics and taste. The pleasure of the eye being the first step of a tasting, the former has to be fulfi lled in order for tastebuds to begin the unexpected journey this "avant-garde" cuisine invites you to.The neophyte will become initiated to the blending of flavours and colours while the tsu (true connoisseur) will appreciate these audacious compositions.The creation of a new culinary atmosphere implies a mixing of cultures and the elaboration of a new kind of dish. Everyone is pleased, the raw fish, meat or vegetable lover's requirements and gustatory sense will be satisfied.Astonishment is the key word of this culinary quest, our aim is to extract you from your daily reality and to offer you a parenthesis of discoveries and change of scenery…Let yourselves be carried by novelty!ken kawakami
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Food is good but nothing special. If you are used to sushi in JAPAN or the US, this is average. If you are Swiss, its better than average.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stumbled upon Sushi Zen at lunchtime. We were very excited about the prospect of a good sushi restaurant. There were no tables left so we sat at the lunch bar. We were not disappointed. The "set lunch" menu was straight forward, but delicious. I enjoyed lunch very much.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

restaurant is very modern with an asian feel to it. the food was exotic, it was a flavour explosion, very much fusion style , with a blend of the historical japanese cuisine blended with a european taste. a must visit....

1  Thank budsy987
Reviewed May 11, 2012

In any city, it's important to know which sushi bar can satisfy a sudden craving. Do you know what I mean? In Lausanne, the Palace Hotel is an institution and is widely recognized as one of the finest hotels in Europe. So when the old craving hit, I headed for the Palace Sushi Zen for lunch. The staff at the Palace is probably trained in a secret place: service there is always perfect. They are friendly, efficient and always make you feel special... I like that.
On to the lunch: sunomono, followed by sashimi moriawase. I have this fare to be the best way to test the quality and assortment of the fish and the expertise of the chef. I must say that my craving was treated rather well. It was good. Not magical, but quite good. With a beer, an espresso, the bill was about CHF80. No complaints, we're in a fine Swiss hotel and the amount was in line with my expectation. I will return there without worry.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Sushi oriented to non Japanese customers- but at least the sushi chefs are Japanese. Lausanne is generally lacking in good Japanese restaurants- this one is at the top of the range in Lausanne. I would recommend.

1  Thank LeDude13