“overpriced old food”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I ordered Boky out today - so I am not judging on Service and interior:

meal for 2 for 65,- CHF. Boeuf croustillant was one of the dishes I orded.
To start fair - the sauce "aigre-doux" (Sweet-sour) was good. That was about it.

The portion seizes of the rice was half a takeaway box - very small.
And now the "Boeuf": it was dry, full of grease - and biting into it it was hard,
and it seemed my fiance and me where served 1 week old leftovers.

This had nothing to do with me not knowing asian food - I had brilliant dishes in Geneva. But this was really quite insulting to pay 20,-CHF for old fatty dry meat-dish.-

1  Thank Michael F
There are newer reviews for Boky

Reviewed February 18, 2013

As one of the few places in Lausanne that offer delivery, we've been fairly regular customers. Not because we loved the food, it's average and expensive for what it is, but because it was available. It's always taken at least an hour to arrive but as long as we factored the time in, it was ok.

But after the service we received last time, we'll never use them again. We had guests for relaxed dinner, placed the order and waited... and waited...
Over an hour later I attempted to call but no-one answered the phone. I emailed them with a copy of the order attached to ask for information. And then phoned again. I was told that the order would be available in 15 minutes.

Another hour later I phone and they advised that my order had been placed to the back of the queue when they got my email and it would have been 50 minutes.

It was well over two hours by this time. I was offered a 10% discount but decided to cancel the order.

It turned up 10 minutes later at full price. As by this point our guests were starving, we took the order.

But we won't waste our time or money with them again.

2  Thank niknak1234
Reviewed January 15, 2013

All Asia in one place cannot be authentic anything.
Cheap of course but not enjoyable even at that price.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

All you can eat. Large Chinese Buffet by the railway station. Very busy at lunch. Good value, 25CHF. Some dishes are not permanently present.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Placed an on line order on their web site which mentions delivery in about 40 minutes. After an hour I called to check and was told that the order was ready and would be there shortly - I'm 5 minutes away. The order showed up another 30 minutes - an hour and a half in total, and they had forgotten part of the order.

1  Thank LausanneWanderer