“Great Italian food”
Review of L'Antica Trattoria

L'Antica Trattoria
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
L'Antica Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 701 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had some doubts when I entered the restaurant as at 19:00 there where no visitors, other restaurants in the neighbourhood where more busy. Still went in and asked for a table on the terace. No regret about the food, really good food, but a bit pricey. The waiter was friendly but did not speak English. Later in the evening more people came in for a dinner. I can recommend this restaurant but keep in mind that it is not a cheap restaurant

There are newer reviews for L'Antica Trattoria

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Italian restaurant offering a menu of regional Italian specialties. Do not find pizzas à la carte, but authentic dishes. The menu offers various antipasti, a selection of "homemade" pasta with accompanying sauces changing from the Bolognese, carbonara or pesto. Meat and fish are also on the menu.

The setting is authentic and wooded with an open kitchen that allows you to watch the cook at work. Good service and fast today because few people except on the terrace.

Our choice was a "Mozzarella in Carrozza" (1 starter for 2), It was a slice of bread stuffed with mozzarella and ham. Very good, I didn't know, good discover.
As a main dish, we opted for the "alla crema di Tagliolini tartuffo nero". Really excellent, they are homemade pasta thinner than spaghetti with a sauce with black truffles.

In summary,excellent Italian with specialties, good food and pleasant surroundings. Good value for money.

Areas for improvement:
- Choice of dishes on the small
- Too bad that the spoon for pasta are not automatically offered (small detail)

1  Thank Lugano22
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I went to this restaurant with my wife and kids. We love italian food and were quite excited to eat there after reading all the positive comments.
We were disappointed in the food and the service.
It feels like there is no boss and that the staff where lacking motivation.
My linguini and clams were full of sand. My wife's fresh pasta was hard and lacked flavor.
The decor is nice, but the restaurant needs stronger management.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's a shame....

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Food was really good and served on nice plates. The beef meat was really really tender and its sauce amazingly good! Staff was smiling and very polite, a very good service.

I recommend pasta with black truffles, the beef fillet and the meat balls, all very yummy!

For digestive lovers, they have very good grappa :)

The restaurant has also a very nice decoration, making the whole place lively.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Food was lovely.. but they do not have menu in english.. So I was struggling a little bit.. The waiting on guy then come over and help me with it.. Overall I would say the food is nice, i would like to try the pasta at some point.