“Disappointed !”

Cuisines: French, Italian, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

Not sure how this restaurant made it to the top! I always wanted to visit it based on the excellent reviews on TA. To our surprise, the restaurant was completely empty during our visit at dinner time, which isn't a good sign. Restaurant owner is extremely welcoming to the point you feel there is something fishy, which is the food!! It's the least appetizing Italian food I had in many many years. Honestly the pastas I cook at home are so much better than what we got, one of the pasta types was inedible. The meats and fish were below average. We were 3 people, we all had appetizers and main dishes, all of orders/dishes were not good, no exception, that we decided to pass on the deserts. Very surprised why is that restaurant highly rated, and also disappointed by our experience there.

6  Thank ThunderWave

Reviewed February 23, 2016

A wonderful little neighborhood restaurant. The Sicilian owner served with outstanding attention to detail, giving advice and having me taste a little bit of my tartare before finishing and serving it. It's been long since I had that in a restaurant! Appears to be frequented by many regular, local guests, which is not surprising. It offered Several weekly or daily specials, mainly seafood, what I tried was delicious. If you are looking for some Italian or French classics and/or seafood, in a friendly atmosphere with great service, come here! I will be back!

Reviewed February 6, 2016 via mobile

Great tuna steak and fantastic desert!! This a great italian place with really family type of service. Recomend if you want to try good food with friends!!

Reviewed January 8, 2016

I have been in this restaurant for a few times and once I had my family coming to visit me and decided to take them there.

First of all there was a group of 25 people that have booked the place and we were not told when we made the reservation a night before and it was crazy noisy as all these people were super drunk. I did not find this very nice.

The food is always the same and the waiter has praised a lot some of the dishes which turned out less amazing that he kept on saying plus the order came super slow. The food has a ton of garlic so beware! It's crazy how much garlic they use.

Then there was w bottle of wine on the table and as the wine menu is quite weird and no known wines, and the waiter has highly praised the wine we ended dup taking it. The wine is the worst I have ever had, seemed like it was made out of pills and water. And it costed 90 CHF!!! Even in beau Rivage good wine costs less!

DO NOT DRINK WINE THERE! the place is a scam and wine sucks!

On the good side, the waiter is nice and friendly and quite engaged, even though eh has no clue when to speak and when not and he interrupted us a lot with useless things. I liked this place but I am def never going back

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed December 4, 2015 via mobile

Based on high ranking I decided to check this place out with just me, myself and I. Very warm welcome with a handshake makes you feel recognized. There happened to be a group of 35 which didn't give the restaurant too much charm but I came for the food and service, not for romance. Nice to get a free aperative so I went for the wine list to find a matching wine to my mixed salad and filet mignon. As there was not much choice I went for the 2013 Manero Sangiovese that was 49,50 CHF. I know wine in Switzerland is a bit expensive but this wine retails for € 9,50 in the rest if Europe so this was a plane rip off.

The food was nice even though the dressing of the salad had more garlic in it than I usually consume in a year. The filet was nice but covered with mushroom sauce. Prices for Swiss standards absolutely reasonable. ( 8,50 and 34,50)

Ended with a dessert from the buffet from the group and was offered a free limoncello with my espresso.

All in all; go for great service and nice food and leave the wine.

Date of visit: December 2015