“Worm and salad”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Worm and salad”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was at Cavallo Bianco a few days ago, with a friend. He ordered a salad and in his salad there was a worm. I immediately stopped eating as well, frankly, it was more than enough for me not to feel hungry anymore. We called the waiter, he took the dish away, without saying a word. Nobody apologized for the inconvenient and they charged us the full bill, except the salad. That was the point when we started arguing. It got worse. The waiter replied that a worm in a salad it something that can happen (I swear!!!) and that I didn't eat my food, because I just didn't want to eat, not because there was something wrong with it (as a worm in a restaurant was something normal), so basically treating me as I was trying to steal something. We complained about the service and the attitude in general, and asked if it was the case to lose two clients for 30 CHF, because it was clear that we would never go back after this horrible treatment. The waiter replied that it is not up to me to teach him how to do his job (actually, it is, as I am the client and if he has a job, it's because there are people like me willing to pay for a service), as we never walked into a restaurant before. Two days later I was in Milan, in a real restaurant (Il Coniglio Bianco!!!), with professionals and excellent food! I really needed to treat myself, after that bad adventure.

• Visited October 2013

“Never again”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The service here is very poor. However, this ties in nicely with the food, which is also dreadfully average.

The decor is dated, and the staff think it's an honour that you eat at their establishment, though this is not overly unusual in certain restaurants in Lausanne.

A member of our group requested the pizza come without certain ingredients, and the waiter looked like the world was being asked of him. Incredible behaviour from a waiter in my opinion.

I won't be going back here, and neither will any of our group.

Avoid!