“Convenient and easy”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Convenient and easy”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant (don't know why it is called a buffet) is located in the Lausanne train station. We ate here twice. The first time was for dinner the day we arrived. We both had the Lake Geneva perch. It was pricey but excellent. The second time was for lunch a week later while waiting for the TGV to arrive for the return leg of our round trip. We could see our train arrive out the window so it was much more enjoyable waiting for the train in a restaurant then out on the platform or in the always crowded waiting room, and we were able to place our luggage next to our table. We had the chicken Cordon Bleu and it was just OK but the price was not too much either. The décor was nice and we enjoyed our meals there both times.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KurtSrq

London
“Last surviving station buffet”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

One of the last surviving station buffets in Switzerland that hasn't been converted into a McD's or a shop. But looking a little worn out now and this visit unfortunately wasn't as good my last three years ago. They were beginning to shutdown as got there at 2145 on a Saturday and the food was fine, but not the greatest. A shame, but I suspect this one is now on its way out.

• Visited May 2013
California
“Serviceable food, open Sunday evening”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The main reason that I chose this restaurant was that it was open on a Sunday evening. I had a green salad (good), moules + frites (good mussels, mediocre fries), and a glass of not-very-good wine. Service was professional but otherwise perfunctory.

Visited November 2012
Dubai
“Plenty of over choice of restaurant..........”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Well, I must say that I returned under duress, due to a meeting at the premises of the upper Buffet de la Gare and despite a first visit 3 years ago that I was highly disappointed.

The cuisine is mainly brasserie style dishes with homegrown (Tripe, sauerkraut, papet, flamenkuche, e.g. ..) with a more normal schedule card with a flat area for a specified period.
That Day I went, it was "The Normandie" (French Region) at the honor and the "Dent de Lion".

************************************************** ******
Main courses chosen tonight:
- Salad-tooth lion with bacon, croutons and eggs
- Rabbit with cider, potatoes with bacon and salsify Norman
- Beef tartare, toast and butter
- Beef steak café de paris, french fries, vegetables
************************************************** ******

I must admit that the service has improved nicely, the server was dynamic and fast (20min wait between ordering and receiving dishes), plus he has led a tartar more than we have not charged .

Overall correct, or even improving but it is clear that I do not eat a couple!

Areas for improvement:
- The vegetables were just warmed up and we noticed that it was frozen.
- The fries, alas, are not home. I apologize to return to this problem but I still don't accept .......

In conclusion, I do not like the decor and atmosphere but it is subjective.

• Visited August 2011