All reviews shared bathroom shower and toilet quiet location swiss standards would stay here again large room stayed for nights walking distance receptionist cathedral
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2018

This is perhaps the most awful place I have ever been in my life. And I travel a lot. My room is dirty, sinister, no view, the toilet is shared and dirty. The receptionist was very rude. I have tried to cancel the reservation but having booked with booking.come it was not refundable.

Room tip: chercher un autre hotel
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Gloria O
CKunzler-Gloor, Directeur général at Hotel du Marche, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Very sorry for that - it is so surprising since most of the comments on our hotel are good, especially about the staff and the cleaness; moreover when you choose to reserve on a non-refundable basis - the lowest price - you are aware of the conditions. I hope you stil have a good memory of Lausanne. Best regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

First thing to note is that we stayed in a room with its own shower and toilet. The room itself was a lovely size with everything we needed, it was clean, quiet, and the bed comfy. The bathroom was very compact but did what we needed! Breakfast was simple but tasty and as much as you could sensibly eat!

The staff were friendly, attentive and spoke English and drench extremely well. As a place to stay in Lausanne that isn’t expensive (by Swiss standards) both my fiancée and I would return.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank monkeyb0b
Reviewed June 13, 2018

Large room, very good wifi. Has an elevator. Very helpful staff.
Breakfast buffet of hot and cold items. Squeeze your own orange juice, fresh fruit, etc.
Short walk to metro, great shopping and a variety of restaurants nearby.
I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CKunzler-Gloor, Directeur général at Hotel du Marche, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thanks a lot for your review ! We'd be happy to welcome you again ;-)

Reviewed December 22, 2017

This review could be five starts. But staff at the hotel is not so helpful. One night we wanted to order a pizza delivery and our cellphone was not working, the staff didin´t offer to make a call. Customer Service is everything and anything that touches a customer – directly or indirectly is welcome. Customer service means servicing customers and it's so much more than just solving problems or addressing complaints. The room and breakfast was ok.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank SergioVini
Reviewed November 20, 2017

The room was spacious and the staff on duty were courteous. The location is considered acceptable with walking distance from Riponne subway station in Lausanne. The hotel also provided good information about Lausanne.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank TS K