“Recommended; centrally located, fairly priced hotel”
Review of LHotel

LHotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Lausanne B&B and Inns
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Recommended; centrally located, fairly priced hotel”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights in March 2012. The hotel is very well situated, next door to the Metro stop, close to shops, buses, restaurants and banks. The members of staff were exceedingly helpful and polite, and all spoke good English. The rooms were modern, clean and quiet (even during the club night in the downstairs bar). The premises were decorated in a ‘minimal style’ with no wardrobe in my room but several hangers. An iPad with many channels and an email facility was in lieu of a television which needed regular charging during my stay but was simple to use. I did not eat at the hotel or drink in the bar so cannot comment on the quality of the food/drink. The room price was reasonable and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Germany
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Rooms are very very tiny (also for European standars)! Nothing to put clothes in, just 3 hangers on the wall next to th bed.
1 single tiny thin towel!!!
Bathroom is build into the room but when I had a shower the floor in the bathroom and in the room became afloat! (either there is no way to really close the bathroom door in a water-proof way or one has to be super-careful about it which I did not know. So, a big lake I have to pass to access my suitcase...no towels..(.I tried to use toilet paper to get rid of most of the problem....basically means I clean the floor....)
Major problem in this regard (and others): windows cannot be opened! No adjustable air condition. To my feeling none at all (which might be better than the smoke mentioned by others) , so no hope to dry the water in the bathroom and still partly in the bedroom at all, very humid now!!
Also my reservation was lost and I was asked to return after 2h, I made clear I cannot move in-between hotels during the week (the first suggestion) as I am on a conference - it was resolved after the 2h, so "only" affected my afternoon timing/planning.
No telephone in the room. So if there is a problem, no possibility to call the reception, one has to go there.

Plus: very clean and so far the two staff people I have seen were very nice and kind. Good location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Zurich
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was looking forward to my stay in the newly opened designy Lhotel. First because of its great location, then because so many hotels in Lausanne are overpriced AND ugly. However, the service and the experience didn't live up to my expectations. They had messed up my reservation, even producing the printed out confirmation did nothing to resurface my data in their booking system. Whatever. The room was nice, but big big downside: The aircon cannot be adjusted individually and pulls in the cigarette smoke from just outside the hotel where people go to smoke due to Switzerland's ban on indoor smoking. When I complained the staff said there was nothing to be done about it. Guess I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Lina077

Travelers are raving about these Lausanne hotels

Paris
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I spent 3 nights during the Geneva Motor Show, and when i came for my last night, the door was locked, and my keycard didn't worked. I went to the reception desk and i saw my suitcase !!!
They packed my stuff, and put my suitcase at the reception while it was unpacked in my room when i left it in the morning,i had one more night to spend there !!!
They were very sorry, and said there was a booking problem, they should have called me, and that the hotel was full....
I was very upset, i didn't know where to sleep. Finally they found me a small room in an other hotel, much more better than LHotel.
I didn't slept well during the two nights i spent at the Hotel, very cold, no individual heating, i asked for an extra blanket and the guy bring me a bottle of water and a tab of paracetamol....true !
The hotel is noisy but the food at the restaurant is ok, and the hotel is very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LyssylMatin
Midhurst
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We recently stayed at L’Hotel for a combined business / leisure trip, spending 4 nights in a room rendered nearly uninhabitable by smoke fumes.

During each night of our stay, we were awakened by the strong presence of cigarette smoke and industrial fumes in the room. These get pulled into the air intake/ventilation system from downstairs and outside.

We complained to the desk staff on 3 separate occasions, and one of them (a very nice woman) confirmed that the problem indeed was terrible; however, no one seemed to be willing or able to do anything about the problem. Judging from other recent reviews on TripAdvisor, it seems that the problem is not an isolated incident.

The hotel rooms are supposed to be non-smoking yet the air circulation system actually pumps smoke and industrial smells into the rooms, and, without the possibility of opening a window or turning on an exhaust fan, this makes the rooms unsafe from an air quality standpoint (my wife is extremely sensitive to smoke and suffered from migraines throughout our stay at L’Hotel).

With the Geneve Motor Show taking place, there was no possibility of moving to a different hotel or we would have certainly done so.

There is no excuse for making people feel like “captives” rather than paying guests.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I was in LHotel for a business trip and spent there 3 nights.
Place is not usual and this is good: new ambiences and new experiances are always good.
But in this case everything has been done to follow the latest fashion idea without any regards to comfort.
Rooms are quite small, with useless fornitures and a ridicolous bathroom.
Nothing where to put jackets and no possibility to open windows.
In addition last night for a probable mistake in the air conditioning my room was full of cigarette's smoke from 2am in the morning.

A very bad experience that I will not do again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business