I am sure it would be a fine jouthhostel in general.
However, the rooms are in summer just TOOOOOO hot. It is simply unbearable when temperatures rise outside to 30 degrees. The windows are extremely small and close to the roof which is about 3,5 meters high. No chance to moove the hot air out of the room. Just sweat!
- The rooms in the modern building are small, but functional.
- close to the lake :-), by bus / metro ca. 20 min. to city center
- public transport is included in the price
- breakfast included: fine,but nothing special
- Man / women share same bathroom which is not appreciated by all guests. Privacy?
- It is a large building, rather unpersonal and not much athmosphere. There are better choices availablein Lausanne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The city of Lausanne stands on a hill and has steep, narrow streets, so strong muscles are required, particularly for the uphill climb to the cathedral, the most important Gothic monument in Switzerland. Window-shop in the bric-a-brac and antique shops or take a breather in one of the numerous bistros and bars, or along the lovely promenade of the former fishing village of Ouchy, in the Musee de la Photographie, which is worth a visit, or at the Swiss Cinematheque (with its picture archive of famous Europeans) or Olympic Museum (the only one in the world). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Lausanne Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Youth Hostel Jeunotel Hotel Lausanne
- Youth Hostel Jeunotel Lausanne