There are couple of great things about this hotel:
1. It is right on the lake, so if you're lucky, you get a beautiful view
2. You're right next to the metro station, so it's easy to travel within Lausanne (the metro card comes standard at most Lausanne hotels, from my knowledge)
3. The breakfast is really good
4. Internet is free (which is normally rare at other hotels in this area)
In general, though, I found that the hotel was overpriced for the type of room that I was getting. A three star in the US is a higher standard in the US. Nevertheless, it's a relatively comfortable, if not slightly claustrophobic stay.
In the Lausanne area I would recommend others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the charm of Ouchy's lakeside promenades, parks and gardens, surrounded by Alpine splendour and only a few steps from the Olympic Museum and the metro stop at this stunning lake front hotel. Located on the shores of Lake Geneva, the hotel is ideal for business and leisure trips; it is just 10 minutes away from the city centre and railway station, and Geneva's international airport is just 40 minutes away. The Restaurant and Brasserie, Le Pirate, offers you informal dining and regional specialities from Lake Geneva. Offering the perfect venue for seminars, cocktails and banquets, for groups of 10-50 people, the hotel boasts a splendid view over the Alps and Lake Geneva. The hotel provides a complimentary pass for the public transportation network of Lausanne. Sous-Gare-Ouchy is highly rated by guests for: Romantic, Gourmet Food, Relaxation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Aulac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aulac Hotel Lausanne