“BEST VALUE IN LAUSANNE! PRICE AND QUALITY!”

Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Miami, Florida
“BEST VALUE IN LAUSANNE! PRICE AND QUALITY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here with my family on the way to an Indian Wedding in Austria. Stayed here 5 days! The rooms are the best thing about this hotel! The air conditioning can be made to whistle it is so cold! Which is how I like to sleep! The rooms are decorated in an old 16th century style! The comforters are heavy and very comfortable! The breakfast is delicious and the coffee is nespresso! Which makes my waking up early amazing! The hotel is located less than 50 meters from the Metro. I recommend this to anyone who is in Lausanne.

Room Tip: Deluxe or higher rooms are more spacy but overall the AC is the best and it works in all rooms!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Nash Carlton hotel is conveniently located close to the metro station, and within a walking distance from the lake.
Reasonably big room, double bath sinks.
Air conditioner, refrigerator, coffee maker (we had our own breakfast in the room)
The TV was old (we didn't care much about TV though)
What we didn't like was the bed sheet / mattress pad: with some plastic (water-proof?) at the bottom, I could hardly sleep until I put a bath towel on top of it.

Room Tip: Ask for bed sheet / mattress pad options. Ask for 30 min free Internet login/password.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well i did get a special deal, for CHF 100.- a night instead of CHF 160.- paid in advance without breakfast. i thought it was good deal.......
The Hotel is in a nice location.The personnel is very nice.
My disapointment is that the room was quite old and outdated, and very small.
I was told that the softdrinks in the minibar was included or free, as matter of fact they were only 2 small bottle of mineral water in there BIG deal.
in a 4 stars hotel you expect a little more..... there was a complimentary coffee machine.
Normally in evry 4 star hotel, you find a documentation of the hotel or the town etc nothing.
I needed paper to write something not even paper ......
I open my bed and i found out that my bed sheets had holes in it....... they were clean though

The other dispaointment was the outside parking was quite expense CHF 15.-. a night, not garded, outside in the street it is free.. so why bother.
WI FI is more expense per hour than a 5 star hotel in that region.
I was rally dispointed for a 4 star hotel in a Hotel well know country.

Room Tip: ask a room in the back of the main strees, little noise with the metro passing by , but no view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank swisstraveller2010
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very friendly staff, beautiful room, big, but cute balcony, good location (walk to the lake or with metro to center). Room had nice little details (not wallpaper, but fabric on the walls, nice mirrors, different furniture) really liked it!!

Room Tip: Price from the hotel is always with breakfast and quite expensive- so book before from some online s...
Dalen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My parents (87 and 81 years old) stayed at this hotel 3 nights beginning July 2013 upon my recommendation having stayed there myself a few months earlier. When my father asked for help with carrying luggage to their room he was flatly denied. Since he is the kindest man, I cannot see any excuse for this.

Burbank, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

great hotel, with an old school feel. clean room great balcony, clean bathroom. the design of the room is amazing. it is located directly next to the metro and you are a 5 minute ride to the city center or a 2 minute ride to the lake. would recommend this to anyone and will gladly stay there again. the sports bar next to the hotel is a great place to eat.

Baden, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and me went to Lausanne to spent the weekend. On the way, we found nash carlton hotel in the hotel.com and decided to stay there. As we didn't booked yet, we would like just go there and check in (walk in guest) after we arrived, the receptionist informed the cheapest room was 295 CHF, then we said that we saw it for 160 in hotel.com. He was "friendly" answered "then just booked there". So then, we decided to booked via hotel.com in the executive room as there was promo rates. After we were finished with our booking (via hand phone), we came back to the receptionist for check in and then he gave us the cheapest room (classic) and I said that we booked the executive room instead the classic. He insist that our booking was just classic room until I showed him the confirmation email I got from Hotel.com. He mentioned that, "but it is in German language" and my wife said "can you read a word EXECUTIVE there?"; While we were waiting the check in process, there was another guest came, and he asked in French, what was his name, and the silly part was when he asked us to wait that he take care this guest first. After we realized, he booked the room straight to the hotel instead via another engine. We were really unhappy since the beginning. It looks like we were stay there for free! To be honest, the receptionist should look for another job as he was so unfriendly. It just so sad if the hotel has a good location and few star, but the service was really bad. Nash Carlton is not a 4 star hotel should be. Sorry, but I would not recommend this hotel to stay in Lausanne...

1 Thank graha_garia52