“Best burger in town!”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Small but cosy place. Delicious cheeseburgers, homemade bread and fried potatoes. I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

ZooBurger is about 200m from the M2 Station (Ours). During the summer they have a very nice outside area (It can sometimes be windy). And even if it's full, the bar next door will allow you to eat at their place (as long as you take something to drink).

Regardinf the food itself (which is the main reason for this review), I would say that the quality is good. You will pay around 16 - 20.- (for a burger with some fries). It's a good value for money because the food is good and the plate is full.

I would recommand to make a reservation (midday and evening) as this place is trendy.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My sister lives in the States and I visit her often. I always eat burgers if I am over there. Yummi! But - only a few were better than ZooBurger. For me the best place in Switzerland to grab a burger. Almost worth a drive from Zurich to Lausanne. Americans know about burgers, the French know about haute cuisine. ZooBurger knows both and brings 2 worlds together. Great!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Allegedly the best burgers in Lausanne... Heaven preserve me from ever trying the other ones! Most restaurants in Lausanne serve really good food, so maybe the comparison made this one seem worse than it actually was, but even on an absolute scale, it was pretty bad. I'll try to be objective.
The food, first: burgers were greasy, bland and pretty flat. We all ordered different kinds, but they all looked alike. The fries were very greasy too, and not that impressive. The main problem with all that greasy food was that we weren't given any cutlery, so we had to use our hands, and we were given only one thin paper napkin. I can tell you I was tempted to wipe my oily fingers in my neighbor's shirt.
The decoration is quite minimalist. This may be a legitimate choice in art, but it made the place look like a brightly lit school canteen. Just even more crowded and noisy, as it is incredibly small.
Their menu is rather unimaginative - it's almost only hamburgers, none of them being very original. You'll find it on their web site - you'll find it very easily in fact, that's almost all there is on there web site, which has been under construction for almost a year now.
Only good point: it's one of the few affordable places in Lausanne for a tourist. But then, if you're on a tight budget and ready to eat inedible burgers, I'd suggest going to a certain famous American fast food chain, which a least offers more variety on their menu.

2  Thank Romain P
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Can't rate this place highly enough. We go at least once a week and it beats the competition with a big stick. Personal favourite is the New York Blue Cheese but they're all worth a try. Only negative is that they're always busy so booking is recommended.

1  Thank Jhansfor