“Okay, not really as the website suggests”
Review of Hotel Elite

Hotel Elite
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Lausanne
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is up a steep hill from the train station, so it is conveniently located from there; it's less convenient for the lake, although the hotel (as all hotels do) provides a ticket for free public transport so it's easy to get from the hotel to anywhere in Lausanne. It was disappointing there was no view of the lake, though, which is the loveliest thing about Lausanne. I'd recommend staying closer to the water, if I were to visit again on a holiday. Everything was clean, but our room was tiny and dark, and looked over a parking lot. The bathroom appeared to have been decorated last in the 70s, and the lobby also some decades ago; it didn't seem especially "boutiquey" or "elite." The garden advertised was a pleasant enough patch of grass, but small and beside the parking. Maybe there is a way to get a better room (with a view, larger, on a higher floor), but I wouldn't recommend the hotel based on ours. It seemed expensive for what it was, although the breakfast was nice (weak coffee though). I'd expect one could find a better experience, something more special or interesting in Lausanne.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LighthouseKeeper1

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is situated in a small and quiet street just off busy Rue du Petit-Chêne. It is extremely quiet and peaceful despite it being extremely central, in fact you're only 5 minutes' walk away from the train station, buses, metro, and approximately 15 minutes walk away from banks, shops, post offices and restaurants.
My room and bathroom were spacious and spotlessly clean, with simple but nice furnishings, many extra towels in the bathroom.There were parking facilities for guests with cars and there was a lovely private garden as well.
Take a walk down Avenue Sainte-Luce, it is a lovely residential area with buildings/houses worth taking pictures of.
The breakfast room was small and homely, offering a good continental style breakfast.
No tea/coffee making facilities in the room, so take a travel kettle with you!
My stay was perfect and I can only recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Isa P
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located if you're coming into Lausanne by train. We were meeting up with a friend driving in from Germany and they had ample parking for her which was perfect. Our triple room was adorable. My husband and I had our own "room" with 2 twin beds and my friend had her own space opposite the bathroom. The price was a little high, but all prices in Switzerland are high. It did include free continental breakfast. We could walk easily into town or down to the waterfront at Ouchy. The proximity to the train station is also convenient if you want to take any day trips to any other parts of Switzerland.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Robin H
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. Very quiet place in a small residential street. Very well kept, good furnishings, comfortable bed, good breakfast in the continental style. About five minutes away - uphill - from the railway station, about 20 minutes - always uphill ! - walk to the old part of the city, with various cafés and restaurants in the vicinity. Bus stop at the place St-François, 10 minutes uphill. A COOP - good for picnic lunches - in the Centre Commercial Caroline, rue Caroline - 15 minutes away. Great place to stay, for someone who doesn't mind walking, especially uphill.

Room Tip: I had a single room looking out onto the street, with a small balcony which was very pleasant. Windo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Olusia95
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Although their website states that rooms have a shower, hairdryer, and wifi, apparently because it doesn't say "free wifi" they feel completely comfortable in charging CHF7.50 per day *PER DEVICE* for wifi access. So much for pre-loading maps on our phones before heading out for the day. This was defended as being reasonable because they have to pay internet bills (which seems bizarre to me, since aren't they also paying water/electricity/etc bills without surcharging their guests?).

What was more disappointing was that the wifi basically didn't work - we had planned to work during our trip and the internet was unusable to the point where we couldn't even access gmail, much less conduct any business. Upon check-out they refused to refund us our wifi fees even though we couldn't actually use it. Ironically, when I initially complained about the wifi charges the desk person said that paying for wifi means you get good, reliable wifi rather than other hotels where it's free and terrible. Unfortunately here it was both expensive AND awful.

It was a shame about all this because it really soured us on what could have been a totally serviceable hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank veracious_jess
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The hotel is perfectly situated near the rail station and Metro. Free travel passes came in very useful. When we arrived, having booked a triple room, we were delighted to find the third bed in a separate adjoining room. I am allergic to feathers, but the receptionist attended to our needs immediately and supplied replacement allergy free bedding and pillows.
The room was spotlessly clean. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was excellent with a large selection of breads, cereals, juices and cold meats and cheeses.
I would certainly return to this hotel should I visit Lausanne again.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Angel6855
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Great hotel! Very easy to find from the Lausanne train station and very convenient to the metro stop. It was my first time in Switzerland and I do not speak french, but the receptionists were wonderful and didn't seem to mind speaking english with me!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business