“Super location and good value.”
Review of Hotel Elite

Hotel Elite
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Winnipeg, Canada
“Super location and good value.”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. Very quiet place in a small residential street. Very well kept, good furnishings, comfortable bed, good breakfast in the continental style. About five minutes away - uphill - from the railway station, about 20 minutes - always uphill ! - walk to the old part of the city, with various cafés and restaurants in the vicinity. Bus stop at the place St-François, 10 minutes uphill. A COOP - good for picnic lunches - in the Centre Commercial Caroline, rue Caroline - 15 minutes away. Great place to stay, for someone who doesn't mind walking, especially uphill.

Room Tip: I had a single room looking out onto the street, with a small balcony which was very pleasant. Windo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Olusia95

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Although their website states that rooms have a shower, hairdryer, and wifi, apparently because it doesn't say "free wifi" they feel completely comfortable in charging CHF7.50 per day *PER DEVICE* for wifi access. So much for pre-loading maps on our phones before heading out for the day. This was defended as being reasonable because they have to pay internet bills (which seems bizarre to me, since aren't they also paying water/electricity/etc bills without surcharging their guests?).

What was more disappointing was that the wifi basically didn't work - we had planned to work during our trip and the internet was unusable to the point where we couldn't even access gmail, much less conduct any business. Upon check-out they refused to refund us our wifi fees even though we couldn't actually use it. Ironically, when I initially complained about the wifi charges the desk person said that paying for wifi means you get good, reliable wifi rather than other hotels where it's free and terrible. Unfortunately here it was both expensive AND awful.

It was a shame about all this because it really soured us on what could have been a totally serviceable hotel otherwise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank veracious_jess
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly situated near the rail station and Metro. Free travel passes came in very useful. When we arrived, having booked a triple room, we were delighted to find the third bed in a separate adjoining room. I am allergic to feathers, but the receptionist attended to our needs immediately and supplied replacement allergy free bedding and pillows.
The room was spotlessly clean. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was excellent with a large selection of breads, cereals, juices and cold meats and cheeses.
I would certainly return to this hotel should I visit Lausanne again.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Angel6855
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Great hotel! Very easy to find from the Lausanne train station and very convenient to the metro stop. It was my first time in Switzerland and I do not speak french, but the receptionists were wonderful and didn't seem to mind speaking english with me!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Sogne Municipality, Norway
Reviewed March 2, 2012

You just scale a set of stairs from the railway station, and there it is on your right, a perfectly located hotel, close to everything you need to do.

Good bed, ok room, courteous reception.

Breakfast was fairly basic, but good.

If you visit the University, consider having them book the hotel, it could be favorable

I will probably use this hotel again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Per_FNorway
London
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel is conveniently situated by Lausanne's train station but not so close that you hear the trains at night as it is tucked in a little residential road.

There are plenty of restaurants and shops in the area.

The actual building is a house that has been converted into a hotel making it very charming.

I booked a superior room because there was nothing else available and what I got was this massive room with two single beds. The deco was classical and a lot of effort and detail has gone into it. My room even had a balcony, not that I used it because it was freezing but I can imagine that being very pleasant in the summer.

The bathroom was spacious as well,and well kitted with all sorts of complimentary toiletries.

The staff were friendly but a bit useless, I made it late to my meeting because they gave me the wrong information.

The breakfast selection wasn't particularly big, I found it a bit stingy for the price charged

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank marujilla80
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 7, 2012

For a short 2 night stay in beautiful Lausanne, I can't recommend a better hotel which ticks all the usual boxes - clean, friendly, close to everything, stunning location, good food... for me there were no drawbacks - even when i flicked on the tv i found BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc and as I live in Dubai it was a bonus getting these! The staff were very friendly and helpful, which was great because i was on a tight schedule and it was my first trip to Lausanne.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor, with a balcony, and you can't beat the view...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business