“Worst gastro EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Table d'Edgard

La Table d'Edgard
Reserve with
La Table d'Edgard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 676 Restaurants in Lausanne
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
“Worst gastro EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I invited my Dad (and 4 sisters) for his 50th birthday. Horrible service throughout, no service I should say. My glass was empty, I had no bread, the service was cold.

The food sucked, the meat was simply bad and hard, the sauce was good, I asked for more (I had a tiny bit) they accepted but never brought it to my table.

I've lived in Lausanne for a long time, it was my first time in this restaurant and I'll NEVER go back.

It was also very expensive and the wine the advised us to take was expensive and it sucked.

In short I hate everything about this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank Maurice A

sf
“Simply a Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

One thought popped into my head, having now dined here twice in the last couple of months: how in the world can this restaurant only have one Michelin star? Plainly the quality is solidly at the level of two stars. Chef Bovier cooks without artifice or pretense. His dishes are pure, light and fresh. His cuisine inclines toward the Mediterranean and is built around a rich variety of olive oils. Every single dish I have had there has been absolutely perfect. This will now be a regular port of call for me in Lausanne.

• Visited May 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Just delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I spent Christmas there in 2012. It was just amazing and the flexibility they had (since I am vegetarian).

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank acm0608
“Excellent, entertaining, educational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We booked the Table d'hote. We let the chef and sommelier choose the food and wine, and we were wowed with the choice. We were royally entertained by our serving staff who educated us on wines that we had not heard of while making us laugh. A thoroughly enjoyable evening and one I would recommend to everyone who can afford a dinner like this but - take some friends to share it with.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank RMAN2656
Oslo
“Good meal, but competing with neigbouring Grand Chene in service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Formal restaurant. Our hosts were not amongst the warmest out there, but maybe that's what to expect from a formal restaurant in Lausanne? Much nicer was the youngsters who were more new in the game serving our table. Risotto with troeffels was magnificent, so was the pinot that came with it. The pig wasn't as tasteful as my neighbour's pigeon, so next time I'll pick the bird. Great value after all!

Visited January 2013