All reviews chateau d'ouchy lake geneva beautiful castle real chateau lake view junior suite beautiful room olympic museum location is fantastic separate toilet lakeside hotel sister hotel modern bathroom hotel guests wonderful view an upgrade metro station
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Wonderful spot adjacent to the lake offering lots of views across to the French Alps. Our room was very comfortable, - definitely worth spending the extra of being lakeside. Breakfast downstairs was a treat and there were plenty of places to explore close by to explore.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed May 25, 2019

I recommend to book with Tripadvisor or Booking.com or any other online booking ... the pricing at the hotel is not reliable.
As I asked in the morning at what rate I could keep the room for another night, I was offered 335 CHF instead of regular 255 CHF for saturday night ... even after I insisted (booking being at 231 euro), I got the same answer and decided not to come again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2019

One of our last hotels on our Swiss tour, so went all out to get the rather pricey room (got the best deal by going on the hotel website and by staying 3 nights). It did not disappoint.
The chateau is a lovely old building that has been modernized/rebuilt while preserving much of the original. It is located directly on Lake Geneva, with views over the water and the mountains. The room overlooked the waterfront with two large windows. It was spacious, well-appointed, and had a modern bathroom with vanity and a separate toilet and sink room. The staff was exceptionally helpful. We had a very rainy visit, so it was wonderful to come back and just relax with our view.
One night during a cold downpour we just could not go back out to find dinner, so we ate in the very popular restaurant. While the view, convenience, and food were all great, it was overpriced ( I live in Honolulu, so believe me, I know overpriced!) The lobby area has a luxurious but odd vibe: some of the decor is bit "flashy disco". Still, a luxurious, fine hotel.

Room tip: I don't usually pay extra for the view, but it's worth it here. Get a lake view room.
Reviewed May 18, 2019

I chose this hotel die to its historic building, its beautiful rooms (junior suite) and the location a couple of feet from the lake.
Me and my significant other loved our stay and are sure to come back sooner or later.
10/10 would recomend. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed May 11, 2019

Enjoyed 6 nights at the hotel, room was well appointed and very comfortable. Room size is larger than average and lovely view over the lake. My only criticism was the cost of breakfast which exorbitant. Location wise, it is located in a great spot for access to the lake and the city.

Room tip: Try and get a room on upper level and view of the lake,
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sandoz-Hotels, General Manager at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear KarlM976,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, which I will share with the team straight away!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Best regards,