All reviews chateau d'ouchy lake geneva lake view beautiful castle hardwood floors deluxe room very nice stay olympic museum high level lakeside hotel superb location sister hotel lovely hotel hotel guests modern design an upgrade large bathroom
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our group booked three rooms and stayed at the chateau for 2 nights and we enjoyed every bit of it! Our check in was smooth and quick considering the rooms we had. Greg and other gentlemen at the reception had done excellent job to make our stay both memorable and comfortable. The hotel location is superb! It's right by the lake so we enjoyed having breakfast outside in the morning, listening to the bird chipping and enjoying fresh morning air. Right across the street is the metro terminal, and that's the only metro in Lausanne that would take you to all major attractions so you virtually could catch the metro right at your doorsteps. The hotel room was pretty spacious compared with most European hotels with elegant decor and super clean bathroom. Even though being a hotel, but Chateau d'Ouchy is actually a real chateau with Renaissance style so the experience of living there with top notch service made it a true one of life time experience!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Sandoz-Hotels, F&B Manager at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I want to thank you for your very positive comment. Our staff enjoys being friendly because our customers are exceptional, you are the proof! We hope to see you again soon!

With my best regards,
Beat Ganz
F&B Director

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So far so good Hotel is very nice and staff are friendly only downside is the taxi fare from Geneva Airport to Hotel 241 Swiss Francs I nearly fell out the taxi at Hotel that aside we had a lovely time done lots of walking (wear comfortable shoes) all roads lead upwards around here.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Spoons66,

We thank you so much for your nice comments which I shall share with our team straight away!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

I stayed two weeks at this hotel last Nov while attending a programme at IMD. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to junior suite located at the attic. This was a short flight of stairs from the top floor and not accessible by lift. The caring and attentive front desk arranged for my luggage to be brought to my room without having to ask. At the end of the first week, I checked out for one night and had the Hotel store my luggage. They promised to let me have the same room again upon my return and had my luggage brought back to the room before my return. Service at the hotel is always attentive whether at the front desk or the breakfast restaurant. There is a good spread at breakfast, with a machine that provides freshly squeezed orange juice. You can also order different egg dishes which will be cooked by the kitchen and brought to your table, with no need to queue at the egg kiosk like in other hotels. The eggs are served with a refreshing handful of salad. I never eat sausages at buffet breakfasts but the sausages here are fabulous!
The suite is spotlessly clean and the bed is soft and comfortable. There is more than sufficient heating in the room and it is warm and cozy during the wintry months. My suite had little windows overlooking Lake Geneva and you can watch sunrise from the room. It provides a beautiful serenity from the comfort of the room.
This hotel is perfect and deserves 6 stars. Its exterior provides the ideal backdrop for photos to be shared with friends. I stayed at a nearby modern hotel much nearer to IMD but had bad rooms and service, and never regretted moving to Chateau d’ouchy for the second part of my programme at IMD. Thanks to IMD for its recommendation.

Room Tip: High floor facing lake Geneva
Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear Denise,

Thank you so much for your comments about the property!

We are truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Lausanne, at the Château d'Ouchy.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

The deluxe bedroom was perfect and spacious, the bathroom of top standard and all of it is beautifully designed. The atmosphere of the old building is amazing.

We neither had dinner nor breakfast as we preferred walking through Ouchy and Lausanne, so my experience judges on the rooms, friendly staff and some lovely drinks at the bar - thank you!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear travelllily,

We thank you for your nice feedbacks and we are delighted that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Château d'Ouchy!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

• Hotel location: 5/5
The location is fantastic, very close to the fairy and the lake. Many rooms have lake views. I give the hotel location 5/5.

• Food: 4/5
Breakfast was very simple and repeated every day. Food was delicious and Quality was great. The hotel served special Halal food during my stay. I loved the food and great service at the restaurant. I give the breakfast 3.5/5 because of limited and repeated menu and I will give lunch and dinner 4/5. My special thanks go to Aurisu who has taken special care of us. He basically has contributed positively to our food selection and satisfactions.

==============
FANTASTIC and UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE - Special Thanks to Stéphanen Raimbault, Front Desk Manager:

Stéphane has offered outstanding support before and during our arrival. Basically, he is the one who made me coming back to this hotel. Stéphane great leadership and support are appreciated. We got free upgrade to the tower building where we have view to all sides. He has solved all our miner issues on time. I will come back to this hotel because of Stéphane and his outstanding support.

==============

Here are my detailed rating:
• Hotel location: 5/5 ( fantastic location, very close to the fairy, train, and the lake. Many rooms have lake views)
• Design and Atmosphere: 4/5 (no single identity, different rooms have different design).
• Staff Attitude: 4.5/5
• Cleanness and Housekeeping: 4.5/5 (old building)
• Service Quality and Response: 4/5
• Room Size, Condition and amenities: 4.5/5 (I was upgraded to one of the best room in the hotel, in the tower. Main problem is you can hear people walking above your room)
• Bed Convenience: 4/5
• Internet: 4.5/5
• Food: 4/5
• Swimming Pool: N/A
• Price: 4/5
• Parking: 5/5 (I had a car in the last 2 days. I was not charged for the parking. Many thanks).

Overall impression and rating: 4.5/5
Highly recommended

Jasim Aal Muhammad,
Oman

Room Tip: Best location, great view, tower rooms are the best
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Jasim,

Thank you so much for your wam comments about the property and our staff!

We are truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Lausanne.

Best Regards,