All reviews chateau d'ouchy lake geneva beautiful castle lake view real chateau hardwood floors deluxe room olympic museum location is fantastic high level fantastic stay lakeside hotel sister hotel wonderful view hotel guests an upgrade large bathroom
Reviewed August 31, 2018

I stayed two weeks at this hotel last Nov while attending a programme at IMD. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to junior suite located at the attic. This was a short flight of stairs from the top floor and not accessible by lift. The caring and attentive front desk arranged for my luggage to be brought to my room without having to ask. At the end of the first week, I checked out for one night and had the Hotel store my luggage. They promised to let me have the same room again upon my return and had my luggage brought back to the room before my return. Service at the hotel is always attentive whether at the front desk or the breakfast restaurant. There is a good spread at breakfast, with a machine that provides freshly squeezed orange juice. You can also order different egg dishes which will be cooked by the kitchen and brought to your table, with no need to queue at the egg kiosk like in other hotels. The eggs are served with a refreshing handful of salad. I never eat sausages at buffet breakfasts but the sausages here are fabulous!
The suite is spotlessly clean and the bed is soft and comfortable. There is more than sufficient heating in the room and it is warm and cozy during the wintry months. My suite had little windows overlooking Lake Geneva and you can watch sunrise from the room. It provides a beautiful serenity from the comfort of the room.
This hotel is perfect and deserves 6 stars. Its exterior provides the ideal backdrop for photos to be shared with friends. I stayed at a nearby modern hotel much nearer to IMD but had bad rooms and service, and never regretted moving to Chateau d’ouchy for the second part of my programme at IMD. Thanks to IMD for its recommendation.

Room tip: High floor facing lake Geneva
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear Denise,

Thank you so much for your comments about the property!

We are truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Lausanne, at the Château d'Ouchy.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

The deluxe bedroom was perfect and spacious, the bathroom of top standard and all of it is beautifully designed. The atmosphere of the old building is amazing.

We neither had dinner nor breakfast as we preferred walking through Ouchy and Lausanne, so my experience judges on the rooms, friendly staff and some lovely drinks at the bar - thank you!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear travelllily,

We thank you for your nice feedbacks and we are delighted that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Château d'Ouchy!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

• Hotel location: 5/5
The location is fantastic, very close to the fairy and the lake. Many rooms have lake views. I give the hotel location 5/5.

• Food: 4/5
Breakfast was very simple and repeated every day. Food was delicious and Quality was great. The hotel served special Halal food during my stay. I loved the food and great service at the restaurant. I give the breakfast 3.5/5 because of limited and repeated menu and I will give lunch and dinner 4/5. My special thanks go to Aurisu who has taken special care of us. He basically has contributed positively to our food selection and satisfactions.

==============
FANTASTIC and UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE - Special Thanks to Stéphanen Raimbault, Front Desk Manager:

Stéphane has offered outstanding support before and during our arrival. Basically, he is the one who made me coming back to this hotel. Stéphane great leadership and support are appreciated. We got free upgrade to the tower building where we have view to all sides. He has solved all our miner issues on time. I will come back to this hotel because of Stéphane and his outstanding support.

==============

Here are my detailed rating:
• Hotel location: 5/5 ( fantastic location, very close to the fairy, train, and the lake. Many rooms have lake views)
• Design and Atmosphere: 4/5 (no single identity, different rooms have different design).
• Staff Attitude: 4.5/5
• Cleanness and Housekeeping: 4.5/5 (old building)
• Service Quality and Response: 4/5
• Room Size, Condition and amenities: 4.5/5 (I was upgraded to one of the best room in the hotel, in the tower. Main problem is you can hear people walking above your room)
• Bed Convenience: 4/5
• Internet: 4.5/5
• Food: 4/5
• Swimming Pool: N/A
• Price: 4/5
• Parking: 5/5 (I had a car in the last 2 days. I was not charged for the parking. Many thanks).

Overall impression and rating: 4.5/5
Highly recommended

Jasim Aal Muhammad,
Oman

Room tip: Best location, great view, tower rooms are the best
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Jasim,

Thank you so much for your wam comments about the property and our staff!

We are truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Lausanne.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2018

We arrived at the hotel on the first of August, just as the temperatures soared to their highest levels in Switzerland in years. My wife has a physiological issue with heat as she suffered heat stroke some years ago.
The rooms at the hotel are air conditioned but our room system malfunctioned on the day that we arrived. An army of staff arrived to attempt to resolve the issue, couldn't, and we were quickly moved to another room. An upgrade no less!! I say all of this as an introduction to our fine stay.
We arrived six hours early so our designated room was still occupied. Staff took our luggage and promised to keep us updated via telephone messaging. We took a leisurely stroll to the Olympic Museum, a lovely short walk along the lakefront. The museum was amazing. We were notified that the room was ready, still ahead of the 3:00pm check-in. The room was on the third floor facing the lake with a magnificent view and a little balcony. Our move took us up one floor, still with the same view. August 1 is Switzerland's Independence Day and we were entertained with fireworks over the lake right outside our window that night. The service at the front desk was flawless even though public spaces in the hotel were not airconditioned and it was HOT and so were they. Their restaurant is on the front as well. It was excellent across the board. We took most of our meals there. It's worth mentioning that the area between the hotel and the water is paved. Motor and foot traffic pass closely by. That turned out to be a good thing. The motor traffic is almost zero and it's a wonderful place to people watch over your wine or your meal. And finally, we purchased a Swiss Rail Pass. The boat dock is just a few steps away through a lovely park. The Metro is also just a few steps away. So we cruised the lake and toured the city via public transportation without having to buy any tickets at all!! Easy.
This review was too long but I needed to say how nice the Chateau d' Ouchy was. Simply lovely.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel. Do not take a first floor room as the views are obscured.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear ANOUL,

Thank you so much for your comments about the hotel and the surroundings!

I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you again in Lausanne, at the Château d'Ouchy.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Right on the lake and across the street from the metro that takes you anywhere worth seeing in town. Great staff (Laura and Estabon- both cheerful and quite helpful!).

Room tip: A room on the fourth floor (Elevator to third floor, then up steps to essentially a room on your private floor. Unique!!)
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sandoz-Hotels, Directeur général at Chateau d'Ouchy, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Raybee13,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, which I will share with the team straight away!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!