Drove up from Geneva to Lausanne which we used as a base for touring neigbouring Vevey, Montreux etc. Stayed with my wife and 8 month old baby at the Chateau d'Ouchy for 3 nights and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Junior Suite, taking the package offer of "Stay 3 nights, pay for 2". The particular junior suite we stayed in had a separate bedroom, toilet/bathroom. The main room was very spacious, with a sitting area and wardrobe. The separate bedroom had a fantastic terrace overlooking the parking and part of lake Geneva - could have been better on the other side though! The hotel is an impressive building that stands out, located right next to the port in Ouchy by the lake.
Negatives: No tea and coffee making facilities in the suite! I found this very strange in such a classy hotel. Also, the hotel's parking space is small, but there is a couple of public car parking lots close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Château d’Ouchy, a real haven of tranquillity nestled on the shores of Lake Geneva, is an unmissable destination for those looking for a stunning residence that is out of the ordinary. This charming residence houses 50 rooms, each one full of character with a fairy-tale atmosphere combined with modern comfort and conveniences, including 10 Junior Suites and three Suites with an enchanting castle tower feel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Chateau d'Ouchy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Chateau d`Ouchy Hotel Lausanne
- Le Chateau d Ouchy Lausanne