This is an incredible property. The interior spaces are a stunning mix of classical and modern design. This hotel has old world charm but isn't the old and stuffy wealthy geriatric refuge that you might expect given it's history and location. I was pleasantly surprised and would rank this among the best properties that I have visited anywhere.
Best things about the property:
- the architecture
- tastefully executed mix of modern and classic design elements
- impeccable service (professional but very friendly)
- spacious rooms with lovely views and balconies
- large bathrooms with towel warmers
- excellent food and beverage outlets
- free in-room internet
I can't think of anything that isn't good about this property. I also thought it ended up being good value for the region -- certainly not inexpensive but I felt the premium was well deserved. This place is special.
It is a little bit farther from the city center than the Lausanne Palace. It also isn't perched on a hill so the views aren't quite as good as at the Palace. However, the rooms and public spaces are much more up to date and attractive. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in Lausanne.
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to visit the spa or fitness facilities. The photos made them look quite lovely and other guests said they were quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 10 acres of private gardens on the banks of Lake Geneva, only 40 minutes from Geneva Airport, the elegant Belle Epoque buildings of the Beau-Rivage Palace, a Leading Hotel of The World, command breathtaking views across the lake and Alps. The 168 guest rooms and suites are richly appointed and offer the utmost in elegance and comfort. Luxury 8 Executive suites were created to be different and unique in style. The restaurants provide guests ample cuisine from which to choose. From the 2 Michelin star restaurant “Anne-Sophie Pic au Beau-Rivage Palace” to the “Cafe Beau-Rivage”, the Italian restaurant “L’Accademia” and the refined sushi restaurant “Miyako Lausanne”. The Cinq Mondes Spa offers pure relaxation on over 1,500 square meters; discover the beauty rituals from the world over. The Beau-Rivage Palace provides impeccable service including also a special kids program to make your stay truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Beau-Rivage Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beau Rivage Palace Lausanne