I only stayed one night and forgot to take pictures except for the grounds. The building with the glass is the reception area and then the rooms are in the surrounding buildings (the other photos). I stayed with a friend and we wanted two single beds, and since the default is one double they quickly came to remake them into two. Basically it seems like most hotels in Switzerland push together two single beds to make a double, there weren't many Queen or King beds. Anyway, so they fixed that right up. The room was nice and pretty cheery. It was described as a courtyard view (as opposed to lake) but this wasn't the main quad, just some outside space. A couple nice features were the TV being played through speakers in the bathroom. Also a nice feature was that the bath was separate from the toilet, which worked well for two friends who both might need the bathroom for different things. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The location was great, right next to the lake, the shockingly clean little metro and stores. We also made use of the spa at the neighboring hotel, which was lovely. It only cost $25 to swim, use the sauna, etc. It was free if you got any of the spa treatments, but those of course were quite expensive. Internet (free) was via ethernet at a big writing desk, no wifi. All in all it was a nice stay for one night, expensive like all of Switzerland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lake Geneva, facing the Alps and just five minutes from the centre of Lausanne, the Angleterre & Residence, offers a world of refinement, elegance and absolute calm. Divided into six pavilions dating from the 18th, 19th and 21st centuries, this one-of-a-kind hotel features contemporary decor with clean lines within walls steeped in history. The Italian restaurant "L'Accademia" invites you to discover its friendly atmosphere and warm designer decor. The heated outdoor pool at the Angleterre & Residence stands in the midst of a lush green garden and is open in summer. Otherwise, a fitness centre is at your disposal all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angleterre & Residence Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angleterre And Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Lausanne