We only had a few quick hours in Switzerland and this was a perfect place to spend them. The rooms were very nice and had everything we needed. They were quite large for European standards.
The front desk was so accommodating. They helped us with restaurants, maps and tourist information. We ate at the Swiss Chalet which was very, well, Swiss. Fondue, rochlette, all was delicious.
We took bikes our for a ride to the cathedral and then zoomed back to the lake. We felt like the tour de france.
Breakfast at the restaurant down by the water was just magical! It was a beautiful day and we ate with the mountains and lake as our view. The birds were very cute ... and aggressive! Hold on to your croissants!
Loved this place ... would Love to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lake Geneva, facing the Alps and just five minutes from the centre of Lausanne, the Angleterre & Residence, offers a world of refinement, elegance and absolute calm. Divided into six pavilions dating from the 18th, 19th and 21st centuries, this one-of-a-kind hotel features contemporary decor with clean lines within walls steeped in history. The Italian restaurant "L'Accademia" invites you to discover its friendly atmosphere and warm designer decor. The heated outdoor pool at the Angleterre & Residence stands in the midst of a lush green garden and is open in summer. Otherwise, a fitness centre is at your disposal all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Angleterre & Residence Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angleterre And Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Lausanne