We were blessed with a rather large room, by European standards, which was a pleasant surprise. The pillows were quite comfortable and the very cozy duvet was a very nice and much appreciated plus.
Situated on the lake the hotels offers a pleasant view, assuming that you have a lakeside room. The lake side location can be a pro or a con depending upon your disposition. On the plus side it’s quite quiet and peaceful and conducive to walking both along the lake promenade as well as to the town centre, which is about a good half hour walk. The hotel also offers free, daily, metro (subway) passes for all local forms of public transit (bus and subway).
The windows of the room were an unusual configuration of double glass, which provided excellent noise reduction and made for very quiet evenings and sleeps, which was a nice bonus. On the other hand the bellhops are scarce and one has to wait or be lucky to be helped with ones luggage although the front desk (female) staff member offered to help I must admit I felt uncomfortable asking her to do so with my rather heavy luggage.
The soap dish in the shower quickly filled with water and did not have holes in it for the water to drain away nor did it rotate to allow the pouring off of the excess water. As a result my bar of soap quickly became a mushy blob and was left as such by the maid, which I found surprising. In addition the water drained very slowly from the bathroom sink forcing my wife , on more than one occasion, to brush her teeth in the bathtub, which really is silly to have to resort to given the 4 star rating of this hotel.
Liquid soap was scarce and was often not replaced to the amount needed for two people who like to bath in the morning and before bed.
I find it interesting that the lobby of the hotel is located in a separate building to the main hotel. This sort of disconnect seems to have influenced the connection between the hotel and the needs of its clients. Hopefully the managers of the hotel will read this review and improve their services. In summary a decent hotel offering comfort with room for improvement. If this review has been of help to you then please be so kind as to click the appropriate link to indicate so. Thank you and happy travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lake Geneva, facing the Alps and just five minutes from the centre of Lausanne, the Angleterre & Residence, offers a world of refinement, elegance and absolute calm. Divided into six pavilions dating from the 18th, 19th and 21st centuries, this one-of-a-kind hotel features contemporary decor with clean lines within walls steeped in history. The Italian restaurant "L'Accademia" invites you to discover its friendly atmosphere and warm designer decor. The heated outdoor pool at the Angleterre & Residence stands in the midst of a lush green garden and is open in summer. Otherwise, a fitness centre is at your disposal all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angleterre & Residence Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angleterre And Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Hotel
- Angleterre Residence Lausanne